Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I posted a pic a few weeks back of a little rubber boa I got at a rep expo. Unfortunately the day after I brought it home it started showing signs of mouth rot. Long story short it went downhill from there despite the vet care etc :/ Told breeder and they insisted on giving me another in exchange.

Here she is. She is big compared to other RBs I've seen. She was showing signs of RI but it is cleared up now thankfully. Her name is Gobi :)

Working on getting her used to being handled. And am currently building a pine forest themed terrarium for her. Hope you like!

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
nice boa i think but something is playing on my mind here!! this is the 2nd snake you got from this breeder that has had a illness!!!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice boa i think but something is playing on my mind here!! this is the 2nd snake you got from this breeder that has had a illness!!!!
Yes, it has been frustrating I was hoping this one would be healthy but nope...she had mites AND RI...not a good breeder at all they are infamous but unfortunately I did not know that at the time as there is barely any info on them at all ( how convenient). But treated mites and RI and both seem to be gone. Still crossing my fingers that nothing else appears.

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
Yes, it has been frustrating I was hoping this one would be healthy but nope...she had mites AND RI...not a good breeder at all they are infamous but unfortunately I did not know that at the time as there is barely any info on them at all ( how convenient). But treated mites and RI and both seem to be gone. Still crossing my fingers that nothing else appears.
the very best with the boa,i know very little about them to be honest but i do know they are hard to get as very few people bred them!!

again nice boa!! :2thumb:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Very sorry you had to go through all that! I would be so frustrated! At least you have this pretty girl now. I hope everything works out!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
interesting head and eyes on this.

looks a bit evil in the middle picture the way it's looking up at the camera.
Haha, yeah she kinda looks like she's gonna strike the camera but I'm convinced these things don't even know how to bite :p

the very best with the boa,i know very little about them to be honest but i do know they are hard to get as very few people bred them!!

again nice boa!! :2thumb:
I think they are so rare because people don't really like how they look. I think they are more interesting in person, their skin feels like vinyl. But, they are much loved by peeps in the western states where they are found.
And thanks! :D

Very sorry you had to go through all that! I would be so frustrated! At least you have this pretty girl now. I hope everything works out!
Thanks and it was, I just felt sorry for the previous one when she lost the fight. Yes, I am very happy with this one she has a very nice temperament.
Thanks! :)

·
Registered
13,305 Posts
Aw what an unfortunate lil face she has, she does look like she fell from the ugly tree and hit all the branches on the way down.....but if she was mine i'd love her to bits for that very reason :)
Really hope you have better luck with this one and would love to see more pics of her after she's settled in.
The breeder sounds really irrisponsible but at least you are aware of that now and can avoid him in future.
Congrats - she's ace! : victory:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Aw what an unfortunate lil face she has, she does look like she fell from the ugly tree and hit all the branches on the way down.....but if she was mine i'd love her to bits for that very reason :)
Really hope you have better luck with this one and would love to see more pics of her after she's settled in.
The breeder sounds really irrisponsible but at least you are aware of that now and can avoid him in future.
Congrats - she's ace! : victory:
LOL! I just love how they look for some reason even if they look really odd :p

Thanks and she seems to be settling in now, have had her for two weeks, but didn't want to disturb her until after her RI treatments were done. Hasn't eaten yet but seems like she had eaten before I brought her home.

I'll take some more pics today :2thumb:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ahhh after a week of showing no signs of anything, and being checked out she her mouth is suddenly popping again. Im not sure if is RI or something else. I don't know where this came from....I am at my wits end...her temps are correct and everything...guh

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Congrats with your new Boa. I don't know many keeping these here in Ireland. I myself don't like them as with sand boas. Reason being is I find it difficult to tell their arse from their head...lol

Interesting species, good luck with her.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
What a bizarre looking snake. I have never seen one before. I think I like it. Its a giant smiley worm :D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts