Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just found out that a snake I have is not a worm snake as I preveiously believed but she is a rubber boa.I've done a bit of research but cannot find a lot about keeping them in captivity or how much one would retail for in the UK, as I'm thinking of possibly selling her.Any advice or info would be gratefully appreciated thank you :2thumb:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Can't comment on there care but it would be highly unlikely for you to buy one without knowing, they are quite rare in the hobby so I doubt someone would sell one by accident

Any chance you could post a picture up?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A lady was left with her partners collection of snakes and couldn't look after them, so she asked me to take them on.She was a complete novice and told me only what she had heard off him. I've never thought she was a worm snake as she was too long.I'm going to try put some pictures on of her but i'm fairly new to this so bare with me lol

·
Registered
7,471 Posts

·
Registered
7,471 Posts

·
Registered
9,293 Posts
Interesting looking snake! I'd like to throw in a small guess, rubber boa or slow worm. Im possibly extremely wrong though lol. Do you have any head shots?

·
Registered
7,471 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Definitely a Rubber boa (Charina bottae). Possibly a female, given her size.

Do you have any others?

Guy

I only have this one, my lovely litte girl.She is the nicest snake ever and i no I am very lucky to have her.

In the last few days I've noticed a lump on the left side of her neck, which I am told(by a very reputable source) it could be somthing to do with breeding...however I have booked her into the vet just in case.

I also have one headshot that i will try to upload now...thanks for the info so far guys!!:)

Any info on this lump would be appreciated too...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
when I try to upoad pic it comes up as a box with an x in as in post above...any ideas as I havn't a clue how to work this forum...:lol2:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.