Reptile Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
....keep the ambient temperature warm without having to keep your whole room warm?

currently I only own one snake and in order to keep her the cool/ambient temperature up I have to heat the room its in. what other ideas do you suggest to keep the rub temp right??

Thanks
xx

ps sorry for the typo in the title should hav been 'WHATS the best way to...'

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
You just rest the holder with the ceramic in it on top of the aluminium mesh.

Pics to illustrate:

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ahha! now I get it! thanks!
are you using that for you hot end or just the overall temps?
I'm currently using a heat mat for my hot end....

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
ahha! now I get it! thanks!
are you using that for you hot end or just the overall temps?
I'm currently using a heat mat for my hot end....

Overall temps - it provides a hot spot certainly, but because the heat is coming from overhead it actually heats the air rather than objects in contact with a heat mat, so the ceramic maintains an ambient temp throughout the RUB from a single heat source. If that makes sense :lol2:

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok I get you so if I did this would I need to bother with a heatmat at all? or would the hotspot from the ceratic be good enough for he hot end?

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
ok I get you so if I did this would I need to bother with a heatmat at all? or would the hotspot from the ceratic be good enough for he hot end?
I hate heatmats and very rarely use them. I dont use heatmats at all with the setup in the pics above - and that setup requires a hot spot of 95, a hot end ambient of 80+ and a cool end of mid to high 70s - that setup achieves those temps with only the ceramic heating it : victory:

·
Premium Member
16,501 Posts
You just rest the holder with the ceramic in it on top of the aluminium mesh.

Pics to illustrate:

nice looking retic - this is the second best pic you have ever posted:whistling2:

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
Has anyone ever bothered insulating their rubs with polystyrene sheet?
Nah, ive never found it necessary when heated with a ceramic. Temps get high enough with ease - but if you live in an exceptionally cold house it could be an option.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts