Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another stupid question, I'll have the whole viv covered at this rate!

Do I need to put runners at the sides of the glass, so there is no gap, or do I just close the glass right up to the wood?

I wasn't going to, and have bought viv locks, so that the glass can't be moved when in position, but I've seen a few photos of vivs now with either runners or trim up the sides.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
My ready made viv has them on the sides.

It will seal better with runners up the sides and will also be more secure, especially when using tall pices of glass that can flex slightly.

I can't see any major problems in not putting them up the sides though, except for the fact that then the lock will not do as good a job at keeping humans out as they will be able to lift both pieces and remove them with the lock attached.

Depends if you have kids or reptile thieves operating in your area. lol :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Ah see I don't bother but you can't lift my glass out.. I gotta take the top off the viv to do that!

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
i put runners on the sides, think it seals and looks better, especially if you stick beading strips over the runners so you cant see them.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I've never bothered - does look a bit better though. Also stops any curious noses getting inbetween the glass and the viv wall and pushing the door open (if you ever forgot to put the lock on).

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
for what its worth ..I put them on mine that I made ...kinda finishes it off I feel ...glass also fits snugly in there as well . choice thing I think .

Take care

·
Registered
350 Posts
It doesn't make any difference, apart from looking a bit better. I've bought vivs both with and without runners on the sides.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts