Reptile Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and sarah went to our local s.s.p.c.a few week's ago and they had a rat snake in that was dumped in a pillow case on someone's door step.we was going to see how it was,anyway....when we got there they was trying to feed it CRICKET'S....can you believe the profesional people didnt even know they eat mice/rats?i thought it would be common sense and the name would have given it away.We ended up taking down some fluffies for it and guess what?it took them straight away and the inspector said"we didnt know what to feed it"....errrrrrr !!!!

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
Shoot them.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
you'd be surprised at the lack of knowledge in there mate

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
God! That is shocking. You would have thought they would at least have looked in a book or searched the internet. Thats only the least they could have done. Surly they have contacts within the society they could contact in these cases that have knowledge about reptiles.

They could have even looked for a reptile shop in the yellow pages and called them for advice.

Total numpties!!

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
I wouldnt even thought you would have to search the internet.. you dont even need to know anything about them to know they eat mice. I really think all these animal protection people should have basic knowledge in reptiles.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
NNY said:
I wouldnt even thought you would have to search the internet.. you dont even need to know anything about them to know they eat mice. I really think all these animal protection people should have basic knowledge in reptiles.
Very true!

But if they didn't know, as in this case. Then they could at least have had the common sense to find out, its not hard! really make me mad that people turn to them in these cases thinking they will know best, when they don't have a clue :x

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
I just googled "snakes diet" and "what does a snake eat" and on both it came up with mice.. its really not that hard.

·
Registered
324 Posts
mate, once i was buying frozen mice from a shop and teh lady asked me what they were for, and i said, for my snake. and she said "oh lord! poor mouse! that's creul!"... im like, right just sell them ffs!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Jeez, that is shocking. Crickets for a snake, ffs. A rat snake, you'd think the name might give you a hint. :2wallbang:
Where in ROI are you Andy?

Duzzie

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
funnily enough, i lost an mbk 3 years ago which turned up the same size a year or so ago, some of you might remember the thread? anyway, that snake was in the houses the whole time, it had to eat and i only had one other snake go missing which she may have eaten. that would not havebeen enough for it to live, even though it will have hibernated through 2 winters.. so its likely, as i suggested and got laughed at, that she actually ate spiders...
although its not what you would usually recommend :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts