Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im really sorry to announce that the 10ft burmese we rescued 2 days ago has lost the fight, he passed away earlier today and truthfully i am glad he is no longer suffering. Were both heartbroken and are showing the pictures snakeypete kindly came and took for us today for the sspca evidence case against the owner, were going to get the other 2 burms he still has seized from him by them with this evidence of neglect. The vet is going to carry out an autopsie in the morning on the poor creature

this is only a couple of the many we took if you want to see more then just ask, its a horrible thing to see even worse to witness, the damp patch on the wooden spatula is the puss that was oozing out once we got its mouth open, we were too late with anti biotics and injections, its so sad

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
hope the other 2 u rescue come trough ok. sorry to hear obout the loss. :(

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
holy shit! :shock: poor snake :( good on ya for doing ya best dont really know wot els to say bit speachless after seein that

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
thats disgusting hope they get ****ed for it

·
Banned
1,685 Posts
that is so disgusting. well the sspca better do something. if they dont i think we should all get up in arms about this. the poor creature. but well done on the good work you did trying to save it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
we all are, were concentrating on trying to seize the other 2 now, the guy had the cheek to txt and ask if we wanted to buy them. If we had the cash wed be there right now.
originally he wanted £400 the pair, dunno what his latest price is, there sick too but not as bad, we hope with all the pics and the autopsie first thing the inspectors will seize immediately

·
Registered
675 Posts
dude, I was so close to tears just now. Thankyou so much for trying to help these poor creatures! there should be more people like you around! seriously, god bless.x

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
oh leanne, that is truely awful, poor thing di not stand a chance :(
At least it knew care for a short time though, for that at least you can be happy.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
u know something up until i posted this i didnt cry, i was gutted but ive been so busy organizing the sspca stuff and the pics and worrying about the other two he still has that until this second i was heart broken but dry eyed - reading ur comments i have started to sob

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Oh god what a mess :cry: . Some folk are sick in the head its unbelievable

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
oooh sweety, please dont upset yourself, just think that poor snake could have died in the shit you rescued it from, at least it had peace warmth and care in its final hours.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
im really sad to hear he didn't make it,,,must have been heartbreaking for you both,,thats 2 very neglected snakes passed in one weekend on this forum,,,how can these asses be so callous n nasty with these stunning animals,,,why do they get them in the first place if they have no inclination to give them proper care?i just cannot understand hpow anyone could do this,,it is beyond me how they can be so uncaring.... :evil:

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Such a shame, I was watching with interest to see the progress and was hoping to see pics of it regaining health.. I hope you manage to get the other 2 seized and put in your care.. Well done for trying though, I hope the guy gets prosecuted for neglect and animal cruelty.. Keep us informed about the others...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i know but i think its just finally hit me how awful its life had been, ross was hopeful infact so was the vet that it would pull through but until it died we didnt really get a good examination due to its fragility, we were letting it settle and gain a little strength first, fight off a little infection but when we inspected its poor body it was terrible
its tongue was stuck , swollen in the opening, puss leaking inside its mouth, its insides were all soft and mush. it had a hollow an inch deep along its underbelly

·
Banned
1,685 Posts
hunnyxbunny said:
u know something up until i posted this i didnt cry, i was gutted but ive been so busy organizing the sspca stuff and the pics and worrying about the other two he still has that until this second i was heart broken but dry eyed - reading ur comments i have started to sob
you have a good cry babe. crying is good for you. so you sit there and have a good weep.

1 - 20 of 247 Posts