Reptile Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi reptile brethren.

Is there such a thing as a safe heatproof fitting that is part of or could be attached to a ceramic Bulb holder?

The reason I ask is that I use plastic vivariums and occasionally the spot above the ceramic holder gets too hot for my liking. I have never come across a fitting to put between the top of the viv and the ceramic holder which the guard goes around. Something that does not conduct heat well would obviously be good.

Does anyone know of any on the market or does anyone use there own home made jobby?

Muchas Gracias :flrt:

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
no not presently, but plastics and ceramics are never a good mix, they can leech toxins when heats even if not smoking you see.

you could cut a hole in a thick ceramic tile I guess and use that, of move away from plastics

John

Hi reptile brethren.

Is there such a thing as a safe heatproof fitting that is part of or could be attached to a ceramic Bulb holder?

The reason I ask is that I use plastic vivariums and occasionally the spot above the ceramic holder gets too hot for my liking. I have never come across a fitting to put between the top of the viv and the ceramic holder which the guard goes around. Something that does not conduct heat well would obviously be good.

Does anyone know of any on the market or does anyone use there own home made jobby?

Muchas Gracias :flrt:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts