Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm soon getting a leopard gecko and I want it to be in a natural looking terrarium with plants and stuff but I read that soils with fertilizer can be harmful to them. What should I use that is safe but also helps plants grow?

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
It may be of some help, I developed this 'organic' option for use with all arid species.

As said, it is certified organic and contains 30% Scottish Volcanic rock

As such it is very safe to use and, with a bit of care, allow you to grow suitable live plants in a Bio-Active system.

EarthMix Arid - Arcadia Reptile

·
Registered
686 Posts
How many would you need dya reckon John for a 2ft x 1ft viv and how many bags for a 4ft x 2ft viv?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
About one bag for the small one and prob 2 and a half for the bigger one, depending on substrate depth.

·
Registered
17,668 Posts
If you’re creative you can mix up your own substrates too.
Standard top soil and play sand is a good alternative and have some left over to do other vivs or do substrate replacement at a later time.

My geckos done well on this for many years. : victory:

·
Registered
686 Posts

·
Registered
17,668 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you’re creative you can mix up your own substrates too.
Standard top soil and play sand is a good alternative and have some left over to do other vivs or do substrate replacement at a later time.

My geckos done well on this for many years. : victory:
what soil and sand combinations do you use .. Im looking for a natural look for my Leo Gecko

1 - 9 of 9 Posts