Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for checking out my post. I've got a Sailfin Dragon I've had for about a month who has had white puss areas in his lower eye lids. He seems really healthy otherwise, eats a lot, goes for baths, spends a lot of time basking, and is really feisty. Heat levels are 23.8- 26 at night , 25-30 during the day, basking is 44-46. For some reason the memory in my humidity sensor says the lowest it hits is 0% but that's not possible and every time I'm in there ( which is more than I should be and at all parts of the day) humidity is between 60%-80% unless the sonic fogger is going and it's up to 99%. He eats 10 crickets a day, of which 5 I usually get to see him eat and the other 5 he waits for me to go before I assume he's hunting them down. I also put in a handful of lettuce blend each morning which he eats some of and throws the rest around his cage. Substrate is cypress mulch. Sorry for the extensive write up but sometimes the devil's in the details.

I've had him in to the vet, no shed stuck under his eye lids, no bacterial infection (I myself tried polysporin drops for a few days earlier on in trying to figure this out), she didn't think it was Vitamin A deficiency but gave me a supplement which he's been on for 5 days, and anti-inflammatory drops which he's been on for the same. I turned his uvb light off 2 days ago and haven't noticed anything, it is still off. The pictures are from about an hour ago. Both eyes have it but his right one is worse. Thanks for any help you can provide.

link to gallery for larger images: Postimage.org / Sailfin Dragon

·
Super Moderator
9,657 Posts
I dont know anything about sailfins but generally when there are eye problems one thing that can help is to get the substrate out and just paper down. I cant actually see anything in the pics but thats probably just me. I cant really help other than that, you have been to the vets and had treatment which is what we would always advise. I think your just going to have to keep persevering at the vets until they come up with an answer.

·
Registered
17,668 Posts
To me, it looks like he's been nipped in the eye, what a wonderful critter we don't see these guys very often on here, and since you have rules out the most obvious I'd say he's been bitten mate :) keep an eye on it it might scab, what UVB light are you using? As long as its above him a not at eye level or a cheap crap design I reckon rs safe to throw your lights back on.

You need to get some new photos f this handsome chap:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More Pictures!

Yeah, I guess I'll get a stool sample done and hope that it clears up on it's own. He doesn't seem bothered by it. Here are a few more pictures.

This is from the first day I got him, 4 weeks ago.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts