Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
One of these beauties has came into one of my local rescues, and I'm very very tempted.

Had a look at some care sheets, but wondering if anyone who has one or has kept one, has any advice.

Mainly about enclosure and diet. Some say terrestrial, some say semi arboreal.
Need to figure out if I have enough space to house him comfortably :2thumb:

He seemed friendly enough :whistling2: looked really healthy, and he's 15 years old.

Joanna
:no1:

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Wow 15 yrs old.: victory: I used to keep Webbers Sailfins. Beautiful but skatty to say the least.
Heres a handy link mate.

www.SailfinDragon.com

It should cover which ever Sailfin it is and dont forget pics :2thumb:

Jay :2thumb:

·
Registered
17,668 Posts
Just thought I would throw this in, a few sailfin keepers I have spoken too have said that these lizads are often quite flighty and skitsy and one keeper on another forum I use has had no luck taming hers at all but it is pretty healthy? not all animals are the same though and with this one being in a rescue and being tame?

I haven't kept them yet though so couldn't give a personal account of that :)
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys,
Still haven't decided, as soon as I seen him, I was like "ooooh he's coming home with me" as you do lol

Will need to do some house rearranging and viv building (ordering) pronto, and some serious thinking and research if I want to have another reasonably big lizard.

He was a stunner tho <3

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
id love to get me some hydrosaurus but iv herd the same aswell would of thought they were more semi arboreal than terrestrial but iv never kept them either just going on what iv read really :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
We have a pair of these at our uni they have a semi arboreal enclosure with lots of branches and a big water pool they are usually fine to be handled with only the occasional tail whipping but I guess they are used to students pestering them on a daily basis :bash: they are always just wandering around the reptile room and will happily let themselfs back into the viv with a bit of gently coaxing :)

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With regards to viv size, after some shuffling about, the largest I can probably go is 6x4x3 (h x w x d)

The lizard itself was approx 14" nose to vent.

So, thinking that I might have to postponed it for a while.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
With regards to viv size, after some shuffling about, the largest I can probably go is 6x4x3 (h x w x d)

The lizard itself was approx 14" nose to vent.

So, thinking that I might have to postponed it for a while.

Any thoughts?

sounds like an amazing sailfin viv to me :2thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.