Reptile Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just reading somthing on the internet and came across a thing that said reptiles carry salmonella in some diffrent form and its said that baerdies carry it most commonly is this true????

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
I think you can get your reps tested for it though if you are really worried about it I think it takes a more specific fecal exam I think its the pals £35 reptile test but you would have to check with them. : victory:

·
Registered
661 Posts
Just keep a bottle of hand sanitizer gel next to the viv and use it after every time you do any thing with the viv or the beardie its not expensive and saves the risk:whistling2:

·
Registered
171 Posts
i have three beardies and yh they do have samonella as long as you wash your hands after handling the your be fine, so make sure you wash them before u eat or put hands near mouth :D

·
Registered
389 Posts
Just keep a bottle of hand sanitizer gel next to the viv and use it after every time you do any thing with the viv or the beardie its not expensive and saves the risk:whistling2:
as above i use the gel everytime i touch my beardie and as my little daughter has an obsession with using the hand sanitiser it encourages her to hold my beardie

·
Premium Member
14,592 Posts
Don't lick your leo!

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
everything carries salmonella

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts