Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i got my 2 baby girls 3 days ago i wasnt happy about the sand so i switchaed to kitchen roll i dont know if they will like it but i didnt want the risk of impaction :shock: so have i done a good thing and have you any tips or advice
:roll:

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Just a theory , why not put sand down and then lay a few layers of kitchen roll down ? :roll:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
We always keep ours on kitchen roll til they're almost fully grown, then move them on o sand and as yet no problems!

Not sure why you would put it on top of sand though :?

Emma xXx

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
i would recomend kitchen roll for juvies too.both my juvies are on kitchen roll but when they are around a year they go onto sand like the others.personal choice at the end of the day though isnt it. :roll:

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
god sand is soooo messy.I drilled a hole for my heat mat through my viv and my leos very kindly shoved a load of sand in a pile up by it.At the end of a week i noiced that about a cup full of sand had been filtering through it.not good. :roll:

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
i used to have soil in my boscs viv and if u think sand is messy, u should see a bosc going crazy in soil. he used to make a right mess!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts