hi im going to Donny show on sunday and was wondering how much :-
sand boas
hognoses
are going to be ?
cheers

·
Registered
10,488 Posts
That's like asking how long a piece of string is. It depends on the morph, age, and with sand boas, which species.
Generally the price you see them being sold for privately will be the price at Donny as the sellers are private breeders selling surplus animals as they do on here.

·
Registered
33,389 Posts
That's like asking how long a piece of string is. It depends on the morph, age, and with sand boas, which species.
Generally the price you see them being sold for privately will be the price at Donny as the sellers are private breeders selling surplus animals as they do on here.
Plus different tables will sell them at different prices.

·
Registered
9,293 Posts
bring a couple of hundred just in case. as above, its impossible to say an exact amount.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what I asked was a simple question and needed a simple answer like :- anywhere between £10-£1000 .
but I forgot that these forums are full of keyboard warriors.

cheers for all your pointless answer:2thumb:

·
Registered
10,488 Posts
what I asked was a simple question and needed a simple answer like :- anywhere between £10-£1000 .

To be fair it was a pointless question. As explained to you clearly, there are many different morphs. Without specifying what you are looking for it's an impossible question.

Sand boas - assuming you mean Kenyans, although there are also rough scales and Tartars bred sometimes, then babies are anywhere from £30 for a normal through to around £50-100 for a morph, upto £250 for rare morphs such as snow stripes. Like you have been told, without specifying what you are looking for nobody can give an idea.

Hognose - so which one? Western, Mexican, tricoloured, Malagasy giant, Malagasy speckled, Malagasy blonde? Let's assume you mean western. Hatchlings vary from around £25/30 each for a wild type with no known hets, the upper end of the scale is just impossible to say. You could pay several hundreds depending on the genes involved.

So rather than slagging off experienced members try asking a well planned question and specify what you want rather than such a wide question that cannot be answered with any real clarity.

·
Registered
33,389 Posts

No one has been a keyboard warrior nor given you pointless answers. It's simply an impossible question to properly answer. Those you've asked about could cost anything from around £30 upward.

·
Registered
9,291 Posts

Ask pointless questions you get pointless answers ::bash: :whistling2:

You're question was too vague. No one has a crystal ball and can foretell what snakes will be there, and what the breeders are going to sell them for.

As others have said, check out various classified sections, google and locate retailers that stock them and get some idea of the price. If in doubt, draw out the maximum you are comfortable to spend and take that with you.

I've been told that there are cash points at the location, so if you found yourself short you could always withdraw more cash rather than have travelling up there with wads of cash in your pocket...

Anyway Ian has given you some ball park pricing... and hope you find what you're looking for and a price you are happy with

·
Registered
10,488 Posts
The OP asked the same vague question in various sections. In the invert section he/she even gave the exact same "keyboard warrior" reply when told the same thing re a vague pointless question.
Clearly expects us all to have a crystal ball to know exactly what he or she wants and give a spot on price rather than put the leg work in, contact breeders, research adverts etc.

·
Registered
33,389 Posts
The OP asked the same vague question in various sections. In the invert section he/she even gave the exact same "keyboard warrior" reply when told the same thing re a vague pointless question.
Clearly expects us all to have a crystal ball to know exactly what he or she wants and give a spot on price rather than put the leg work in, contact breeders, research adverts etc.
Yep, I saw those other posts too, & replied in kind.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts