Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got given a sand boa because it is not eating, has any one got any ideas on how to get it eating without having to force feed it, it is a male and nearly fully grown

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
How longs it not been feeding for?

My adult male has been of his food a lot recently, its down to being in the mood for nookie! :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sand Boa

Hey,
If you don't mind me asking where did you get it from ?

And sand boa's are generally fussy snakes, may go off and on their food all the time

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
Hey,
And sand boa's are generally fussy snakes, may go off and on their food all the time
just realised aswell, try leaving the food in overnight, as they often eat in the dark undisturbed

good luck
lee
Ive never come across either of these problems with any of the sand boas I have kept or known about :)

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
Ive never come across either of these problems with any of the sand boas I have kept or known about :)
neither have i, my 2 are great strike feeders, but i have heard and it is known quite a lot in sand boas that they eat if you leave it in overnight, its just to do with them being shy, and generally coming out of a night

lee

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you for the advice, I was given it by someone who had asked at the local pet shop if they knew of anyone who had snakes,
i do not really want it but I also do not want it to starve to death
i will try the idea of leaving the food in overnight and see where it goes from there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts