Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a thought yesterday, my bearded dragon is very docile and laid back and loves crawling up my shoulder and sitting there untill i put him back, so in the summer days when its constantly warm and sunny would it be ok to take him out with me?
Not like up town or miles away, just around to a relatives house or something, i just figured last night that the proper sun is going to be miles better than any heat bulb :p

·
Registered
766 Posts
The natural sunlight does them wonders, however not too long. Some people believe natural sunlight makes them a little grumpy when they return to artificial UV. (This is arguable I'm sure.)
This certainly applies to my friends Yemen Chameleon! He settles back to being a dopey animal after a few days back in his viv though.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I use to take my beardies out with me for a bit, make sure you put a harness on him though.. the outside world is one huge threat and he could get spooked and try to run. Make sure he doesn't get stressed.. if he does then calmly return him to his home where he will feel safe again :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts