Reptile Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it fine to feed my savanah monitor a diet of just crickets and mealworms? I’m not able to get Dubai roaches because they are banned here in FL.
If I can’t feed just crickets and mealworms what are some other good options? I’m able to get wax worms but I hear they are high in fat and should only be fed as a treat?

My savanah monitor is still very young (only about 7”) please let me know what other good feeder insects are easy to get and available for my savvy.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Is it fine to feed my savanah monitor a diet of just crickets and mealworms? I’m not able to get Dubai roaches because they are banned here in FL.
If I can’t feed just crickets and mealworms what are some other good options? I’m able to get wax worms but I hear they are high in fat and should only be fed as a treat?

My savanah monitor is still very young (only about 7”) please let me know what other good feeder insects are easy to get and available for my savvy.

Hi, there are a number of other items you can offer, but before we get into the diet can you show the whole enclosure and give details of the conditions, the point being that unless the monitor is fully supported, diet is of little importance just now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts