Reptile Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My male lesser has got scale rot half way down his body to his tail. His tail looks red and very sore and his belly is pussy.
Weve been cleaning him with betadine solution and turned his temp up by a few degrees to help dry the infection out.
Weve also removed his aspen and large water bowl and he sits in it and soaks. Replaced with a small bowl so he cant sit init and put kitchen towel down which is changed everyday.
Theres not overly much online to help with this can anyone give me some
Advice on whats best to treat him. He is so good and sits there letting us clean him twice a day.

Really feel for him.

Thanks in advance for you advice

Lauren

·
Registered
558 Posts
My male lesser has got scale rot half way down his body to his tail. His tail looks red and very sore and his belly is pussy.
Weve been cleaning him with betadine solution and turned his temp up by a few degrees to help dry the infection out.
Weve also removed his aspen and large water bowl and he sits in it and soaks. Replaced with a small bowl so he cant sit init and put kitchen towel down which is changed everyday.
Theres not overly much online to help with this can anyone give me some
Advice on whats best to treat him. He is so good and sits there letting us clean him twice a day.

Really feel for him.

Thanks in advance for you advice

Lauren
I think one of mine has developed this I've never seen or had it so I'm just guessing he has and can't get to see the vet till Friday I was advised as well as the betadine baths put savlon on too it helps to clean the wounds,and the healing process but your best bet is get him to a vet ASAP

Reactions: Laurenjade00

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think one of mine has developed this I've never seen or had it so I'm just guessing he has and can't get to see the vet till Friday I was advised as well as the betadine baths put savlon on too it helps to clean the wounds,and the healing process but your best bet is get him to a vet ASAP

Weve been cleaning him wothh the betadine for the past 2-3 days and the infection has dried out the dead scaled have started to come off with the new scales underneath so im gussimg its working. I feel so sorry for him i really do he ias so good when it comes to cleaning him.

As it improving i think i will leave it till friday and if its got worse take him to a vet that day i hope your snake gets better asap

1 - 3 of 3 Posts