Reptile Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll be honest, i really dont like scaleless BUT first time seeing an anery one, really gorgeous!
LOL I think they are the type of snake that you either like them or hate them. At first I didn't know what I thought about them and then I got to meet one, instant love <3 The anery's are the best in my eyes though

·
Registered
661 Posts
Scaleless? You mean that snake's in the buff? :blush:

Out of interest what does it's shed skin look like? is it all smooth?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Scottishbluebird - I've held one before and they actually feel almost like velvet and kind of fuzzy lol Not weird at all

Raul - Yes their sheds are smooth, I will post a picture after she has her first shed with me

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Scottishbluebird - I've held one before and they actually feel almost like velvet and kind of fuzzy lol Not weird at all

Raul - Yes their sheds are smooth, I will post a picture after she has her first shed with me
A fuzzy snake just seems weird!:lol2:

Other pics i have seen of them, the look kinda wrinkly....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A fuzzy snake just seems weird!:lol2:

Other pics i have seen of them, the look kinda wrinkly....
The het scaleless corns can be wrinkly as they do have some scales but not a lot. This girl is not het she's just pure scaleless so not as many wrinkles. I can imagine she will still have a few but that's just how they are lol

·
Registered
22,115 Posts
The het scaleless corns can be wrinkly as they do have some scales but not a lot. This girl is not het she's just pure scaleless so not as many wrinkles. I can imagine she will still have a few but that's just how they are lol
Do they have the ventral scales or are they completely scale-less?

As I said on the other forum, can't decide if I like them but I was the same way with skinny pigs, until I got to hold one and it was adorable.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do they have the ventral scales or are they completely scale-less?

As I said on the other forum, can't decide if I like them but I was the same way with skinny pigs, until I got to hold one and it was adorable.
As far as I know yes they have ventral scales, I can't imagine how a snake would move around without them lol I'll confirm that when she arrives on June 2nd though

·
Registered
22,115 Posts
As far as I know yes they have ventral scales, I can't imagine how a snake would move around without them lol I'll confirm that when she arrives on June 2nd though
That was the main question that came up with the infamous scale-less ball pythons. They had zero scales but apparently moved fine.. Wonder what happened to them.. :whistling2:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That was the main question that came up with the infamous scale-less ball pythons. They had zero scales but apparently moved fine.. Wonder what happened to them.. :whistling2:
Lol Wow I didn't know that, maybe she won't have ventral scales then. I will have to wait and find out when I get her I guess. I'm so excited to meet her! This is going to be a long 2 weeks!

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Lol Wow I didn't know that, maybe she won't have ventral scales then. I will have to wait and find out when I get her I guess. I'm so excited to meet her! This is going to be a long 2 weeks!

All scaleless corns have belly scales full length of their body although they can have a join down the middle giving 2 rows instead of the usual 1. Some I bred last year had no scales underneath the tail after the vent.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All scaleless corns have belly scales full length of their body although they can have a join down the middle giving 2 rows instead of the usual 1. Some I bred last year had no scales underneath the tail after the vent.
Cool! I guess she will have belly scales lol I'll find out for sure in 9 days when she arrives at my home! I'll post pictures and an unpacking video!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts