Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Just thought i'd name and shame as it seems like he has quite a few peoples' money.

I purchased the 30gb iPod jj10125 was selling, and paid through Paypal. I requested and paid for next day special delivery. That was at least a month ago. I've sent numerous emails requesting the tracking ID and finally got a response, saying that he wasn't a scammer and would send out my item the very next day.

I waited and waited, and was ignored some more. Finally I opened a dispute through Paypal, and received a personal message from jj10125 the very next day apologising:

"Hey EmeraldSapphirez,

I am really sorry I have not been online for many days due to Internet issues with BT .. Indian call centres :censor: I am really sorry to hear you havent got this item yet I can only take your word for that and by your pm's I can see you are serious ... I will ofcourse respect your dispute I trade a fair few reps on a forum with members from here I wouldent risk my rep could you please comfirm as of now you still don't have it? if thats still the case I will refund you ASAP other than refunding you I can only offer my regret and a sorry and hope the item has been delayed aposed to lost and will be with you shortly"

Sounds good, eh? So I replied kindly and waited again. Still no iPod. Emailed again asking for the tracking number and this is what he had to say:

"Regret not I had to post 3-4 things guess I was abit lazy ... not a huge Royal Mail fan I will get some funds for you and refund you ASAP I am 100% sure you will get this item then you can keep it as good will the RM branch in my small town has always been a bit slow .. all I can do is complain please let me know if this would work for you?"

By now i'm very cross and email back stating that i'd like an instant refund through Paypal immediately. I get this back:

"Hello,

Would it be okay if I post you a refund etiher cash or cheque I will use tracking so we know it gets there? Due to the RM **** up I think my PayPal is beyond saving would this work for you? I think it would be best because a dispute will only add to my PayPal troubles and make refunds less likely but I am more than happy to refund you I can get this sent fast and give you a tracking ID

Kind Regards"

Finally I feel like we're getting somewhere, but not so. I give him my address for a 3rd time, ask for the tracking number and wait again. I make sure I copy the email to Paypal's dispute centre and state that i'll be escalating to a claim one week later should I receive no tracking number or refund.

Surprise, surprise no refund or tracking number. Have escalated my dispute to a claim. Left negative feedback on here too.

Hope he doesn't get away with this.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
tbh you all bring it on youselfs why would you buy something of someone who only has a 100 or so posts? thats just asking for trouble really iv never had any trouble with buying on here but i only buy of people who have 600+ posts if not more

its like who wants a xbox 360 + 10games for £120 and the person who is selling it has 62 post come of it if its to good to be true then it probably is

·
Registered
940 Posts
i do feel for you. scammers are the lowest of the low. I've been screwed on ebay - the seller wanted a postal order i sent in - on jan 12th!! and still not recieved my money back. have opened a dispute - but doubt i'll get anywhere. People like this get my back up cos the ruin it for everyone else and its not fair.

good luck getting your money back

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tbh you all bring it on youselfs why would you buy something of someone who only has a 100 or so posts? thats just asking for trouble really iv never had any trouble with buying on here but i only buy of people who have 600+ posts if not more

its like who wants a xbox 360 + 10games for £120 and the person who is selling it has 62 post come of it if its to good to be true then it probably is
I bought because:

1) He already had good feedback
2) Because I have Paypal to use as protection.

It's just been such a waste of time. I will get my money back through Paypal, but it's been such a stress.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I bought because:

It's just been such a waste of time. I will get my money back through Paypal, but it's been such a stress.
if you looked at his other threads he has got the feedback from the dvds he was selling and he wasnt going to scam someone for £3 was he so he got the feedback and scamed you for the ipod and most prob the person who brought the blackburry

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I understand, it's just awful that nobody can be trusted. I think someone even paid him with a postal order, now they're never going to get that money back.

·
4,035 Posts
I bought because:

I really feel for u, this is becoming an increasing problem on here and other sites.....

Pls escalate ur claim with paypal and I hope they refund ur money too, this is not always the case though.....if he has emptied his paypal account, paypal will be unable to refund ur payment. This has happened to me before. We think using paypal will protect us, and its not necessarily true........ sometimes the safest way is to use a credit card wherever possible........

best of luck

·
Registered
750 Posts
I really feel for u, this is becoming an increasing problem on here and other sites.....

Pls escalate ur claim with paypal and I hope they refund ur money too, this is not always the case though.....if he has emptied his paypal account, paypal will be unable to refund ur payment. This has happened to me before. We think using paypal will protect us, and its not necessarily true........ sometimes the safest way is to use a credit card wherever possible........

best of luck

Ha ha.. worried about scammers then go handing ya credit card details to them... mmmm.. nah.... Always best to buy from them face to face cash handed over when happy with product.... Unlucky though...

·
Registered
42 Posts
any 1 that try's to rip peep's off should be banned from any site like this
i buy and sell on ebay and have never had a problem with paypal refunds
from others and as for you would not buy from some 1 that as less than 600+ post that seams that the new folks like my self will never sell on this forum which i have stuff for sale here

eBay My World - bore002 my ebay feedback for others to see

·
4,035 Posts
Ha ha.. worried about scammers then go handing ya credit card details to them... mmmm.. nah.... Always best to buy from them face to face cash handed over when happy with product.... Unlucky though...
In my experience credit card companies are more likely to support a fraudulent claim than paypal........

·
Registered
750 Posts
In my experience credit card companies are more likely to support a fraudulent claim than paypal........
Yeah an in my experience scammers dnt give a sh:censor:it once they got ya card details and max it out before ya notice....

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

best of luck
Thank you for the help everyone. loobylou211, I didn't realise that if they emptied their Paypal account that you couldn't receive a refund? Surely if they added their bank account to their Paypal account, Paypal will be able to claim against them?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Thank you for the help everyone. loobylou211, I didn't realise that if they emptied their Paypal account that you couldn't receive a refund? Surely if they added their bank account to their Paypal account, Paypal will be able to claim against them?
Yes unfortunately Paypal is not as safe as they claim to be. I thought you were safe as long as you sent the item to a confirmed address, but alas i was wrong, luckily i only ended up losing about £20 but thats not the point. As a result i no longer use Paypal, which is a shame as it was rather convenient, but as Lou said once the person has removed the money from their paypal account, paypal wont do jack about it.

·
Registered
12,377 Posts

i think thats a little judgemental isnt it? wasnt there a big scam on here with someone who had quite a substancial amount of posts? i can think of 2 in fact, so i dont trust that theory, just cos you post loads doesnt make you anymore trustworthy. Admittedly you might be able to get a bit of a better assumption that they are, but you never truly know just by a post count. ive paid money to someone whon had less than 100 posts n received my item no problem. when you joined this forum cubey were you not to be trusted/trustworthy until you had 600+ posts?

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
i think thats a little judgemental isnt it? wasnt there a big scam on here with someone who had quite a substancial amount of posts? i can think of 2 in fact, so i dont trust that theory, just cos you post loads doesnt make you anymore trustworthy. Admittedly you might be able to get a bit of a better assumption that they are, but you never truly know just by a post count. ive paid money to someone whon had less than 100 posts n received my item no problem. when you joined this forum cubey were you not to be trusted/trustworthy until you had 600+ posts?
i have over 5000 posts...but would you trust me?:whistling2:

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Well said, thank you.

·
Registered
940 Posts

looks like i'm a scammer then.... cos i only got 100 odd posts... but then again i have only been on here 2 months.
I can put my hand on my heart and say i have NEVER taken anything that is not mine - i have sold something on ebay before, (a skirt) - it was too small for the woman - she sent it back so i sent her a refund back. so we who have few posts are not all scammers.
please don't tar us all with the same brush.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I was interested in his camera he had for sale a while ago until i noticed he'd advertised it previously and had later sold it on ebay,yet he was trying to sell it again,he said he had two but why would you have two of the same camera? Glad i didn't buy it now,feel sorry for anyone who has bought from him,he always seems to be in a hurry to sell things too..dodgy guy!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts