Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i was woundering if it possible 4 a snake to be scared of a certian colour my snow mortly bit of a scatty one at one point thought he hated me wen first got him he was i bit scatty went for mee a few times but not to bad i guess so i was told marrigolds were good but i didnt get these till after i came bk from holiday and i tryed these he was real p'ed of with me thought it was to do with me not being with him 4 11 days but was looked after in them days well at weekend end it was so bad i couldnt get in his set up to clean him i was wearing the marrigolds in end my husband had to pick him up but he had my original gloves i had and he didnt go 4 him at all i put it down to be that he may like men more but i tryed today with the original gloves and he was gr8 with me he nearly went on my hand with out me needing to grab him so could it be he scared of the marrigolds or the colour of them !!! hope this all make sence pmsl

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
It may also come down to confidence. If you are nervous then your body reactions will show it. For example i guess you are very nervous about picking him up so your movements will be jerky, this will likely look to the snake like you are either a predator or a prey item, both elicit a bite response

1 - 3 of 3 Posts