Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i get my new boa next week and the people i am buying her of have said that she uses a mat that blows out the hot air so its not a normal heat mat that you use i was wondering if any one has a picture of one so i no what it looks like also can any one tell me were to get one from if it goes wrong and were to get a humidifier from as she uses one of them aswell just in case that goes wrong could any one tell me wat the best bedding to use for her and are boa's normaly quite freindly and placid and wat kind of things to avoid thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
boa setup help

hi i get my new boa next week and the people i am buying her of have said that she uses a mat that blows out the hot air so its not a normal heat mat that you use i was wondering if any one has a picture of one so i no what it looks like also can any one tell me were to get one from if it goes wrong and were to get a humidifier from as she uses one of them aswell just in case that goes wrong could any one tell me wat the best bedding to use for her and are boa's normaly quite freindly and placid and wat kind of things to avoid thanks
can any one out there help me thank you

·
Registered
7,147 Posts

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Hmm I have no idea what sort of heat mat they are suggesting you use.. I have not heard of one like this before, probably best to just ask the seller to clarify what they mean.

Substrate is quite a personal choice, I like newspaper with a layer of aspen (available in all reptile shops) over it, as this is very absorbant.

If you are buying a youngster try to handle it little and often, as this will give you a better tempered animal as an adult. If it is already adult or sub-adult you will need to check with the seller to see if the boa you want is placid enough for you to handle.

May I also make a suggestion? When you name your posts (in the "title" section) try to use a name that describes the thread (such as "Help with my new boa") as more people will read and reply to your thread :2thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts