Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered and collected a 100g Felxarium from a shop that had some "young" Yemen Chams that I wanted to get.

Now that I have set up the flexarium, it's huge and I think a baby Yemen will get lot in there and feel unsecure. Therefore, I was thinking abot getting something different to go into the flexarium.

I am considering any (semi-)aboreal lizard that will fit in a 3ftx4ftx16" flexarium.... and suggestions? (And if multiples, will they go well together permanently?)

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
The flexariums are purely made for Cham's as far as I know. I can't think of anything else that requires as much ventalation. A fully grown cham would love that sized viv mind! Ever though of just getting a fully grown vield or panther??

I don't think you could have snakes in there as they'd escape pretty easy. Remeber though you can have it various ways so you could have the flex as a 4*3 floor space with 16" hight. I've seen piccies of beardies in these but I think the temps would be hard to maintain

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
sometimes i think we are pretty silly, in the wild, the little baby lizards of all kinds dont get much say in having little permenantly heated smaller homes free from predators, they just cope!

problem is with flexariums is they are bit awkward to section off and still look nice, so i think ur best idea is to pick up a cheap vivarium to use til the cham is big enough for the flexarium.
If your buying an animal just to suit the viv, then more often than not, the animal isnt completely thought through, so still to getting a cham which u obviously wanted and just fork out that little bit extra, you'll probably find a cheap smaller viv in the paper or something, and u can sell it on when ur done with it.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
if youve made your mind up in getting a chameleon then get one dont change your mind youll only end up regretting it and have to get rid of what you get
your viv will be ok in a couple of months its amazeing how fast they grow
i had mine in a 2ft by 4ft by 2ft when he was a baby and seemed to grow really quick in a large viv
if you end up getting one for the flexarium youve got id suggest feeding him in a bowl or a plastic cup so he doesnt lose the crickets in the viv that way you can monitor how many hes eating and hell allso grow alot quicker

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've kept Chams before, and that's why I wanted to get another one. So I set about getting the habitat set-up, it was when I saw how young the Yemens were, that I had second thoughts about them at that age.

Whe I had one before it was in a Exo-Terra tank which is just too small as they get older - yet, being naive at the time, I was told I could keep two in there for a few years which was not true and I had to sort something out very fast.

I will get a Cham, but this seemed like a waste of space for just one Cham so put the feelers out there for an idea...

BELIAL: Will PM you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts