Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people

Oh my royal as spent 3 days in the hide with his head sicking out do you think he is waiting for a meal to pass by ??? he as be sitting on top of the hide to just wanna know what you all think ???

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
mine does it loads, think its a case of feeling safe and watching to see if anythings happening - maybe nothing, maybe handling time, maybe feeding time - worth keeping an eye out anyway :)

my corns have upturned flowerpots for hides with holes in the bottom (now at top being upturned) - so they hide in there and poke their heads out for ages)

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
the only time mine isn't in this position is

a) he's just been fed
b) he's being fed (and is coiled around the mouse)
c) he's going for a drink

·
Registered
39,214 Posts
My corn, bob, does it all the time, I wouldn't worry. Snakes aren't always the most active animals, as long as he is healthy (eating still etc), I wouldn't worry.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
hi my 2 larger corns are about 1.5ft each and they are in their hides most of the day unless they need a drink and only come out when the kitchen light goes out and my 3 smaller babies are quite active in the day they lie there watching me all the time and they seem very happy

jamie:cheers:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
You'll no when he is hungry as he should be out hunting.:2thumb:
Not necessarily - this is a royal! Much more into the ambush than the full on hunt and chase. Mine show they're hungry either by climbing a branch after lights out and lurking there with their head hanging down to see what wanders by, or by waiting in the hide entrance much as Tong-Po's is doing :)

·
Banned
6,748 Posts
Thing is this is a CF 06 baby who has had no feeding respons since tongpo got it it was also first housed in a fish tank with a house bulb as heat he was advised to leave it for at least 7 days before feeding

Tong po i would say leave him until monday then go and buy a small size mouse this should be no wider than the widest part of the snake defrost the mouse heat it up with a hair dryer or such like then dangle the mouse infront of the snake

1 - 8 of 8 Posts