Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I am sorry if this has already been discussed but I am desperate. I bought a snake from Reptasia and the Reptasia carrier that was going to take my animal to Houten says he can no longer ship my snake because all the animals are already shipped. I have already paid for the snake and arranged with a friend that he would pick up the snake in Houten. The solution they are offering me is for me to find another carrier who wants to take my snake to Houten but I don't know of any British companies who will go to Houten or who can help me. Could you help me? thank you very much in advance and sorry for my English. I am from Spain.

Regards

·
Registered
10,004 Posts
Just google "Reptile Couriers UK " and telephone or e-mail them to see if you can be added to any future shipments.
Never used them but here's a selection for the 691000 results :)

Reptile Courier EU | ReptileCourierEU.com
Reptile Courier UK | Bird Courier | Exotic Pet Travel - PBS Pet Travel

Either that, or see if your snake can be added to their next shipment, and arrange for it to be sent direct to you. Most couriers won't hand a snake over to a 3rd party, so you may find making arrangements for your friend to accept the snake a hurdle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, it seems that there is nothing to be done. No company wants to take my snake to Houten and some of them tell me that CITES and a 6 weeks quarantine are required. They now say that they don't want to refund my money and that CITES is something that either the transporter or the buyer is responsible for. The carrier they work with is called REPTASIA COURIER and now they want me to believe that they have nothing to do with them. They made me pay as a friend or family member via PayPal so I can't claim anything either. I know it's my fault for trusting them but looking at their website and their reviews I thought they were a serious company. I have lost over £300. They are scammers.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well, it seems that there is nothing to be done. No company wants to take my snake to Houten and some of them tell me that CITES and a 6 weeks quarantine are required. They now say that they don't want to refund my money and that CITES is something that either the transporter or the buyer is responsible for. The carrier they work with is called REPTASIA COURIER and now they want me to believe that they have nothing to do with them. They made me pay as a friend or family member via PayPal so I can't claim anything either. I know it's my fault for trusting them but looking at their website and their reviews I thought they were a serious company. I have lost over £300. They are scammers.
Never do " friends and family " on PayPal for anything over £20. No exceptions.

·
Registered
10,004 Posts
Sorry to hear that you are out of pocket, but that is the risk of making large payments via paypal friends and family. If doing any transaction over £100 then use a credit card as that gives you an added layer of protection.

As For Cites... well the Brexit has been known about for several years, and the implications on importing and exporting means there is no real difference trading with the EU than other countries in the world, where any CITES animals required export paperwork form the UK and import paperwork for the receiving country. If that country insists on quarantine, then you have little choice in the matter. You should have really researched this before purchasing the snake.

Just looked on their FB page

Closing date will STRICTLY BE
Sunday 8th August
this may change depending on availability of space
We will have drop off / pick up points at following points

Thursday 9th September Antwerp, Belgium 🇧🇪
Friday 10th September Dutch Dragon Import, Amsterdam, Netherlands 🇳🇱
Friday 10th September Our hotel, Hamm, Germany 🇩🇪
We will be collecting animals for customers in
England, Scotland & Wales
Ireland and Northern Ireland
For customers in England, Scotland and Wales please contact us at
Reptasia Animal Couriers
For customers in ireland contact our partners
Reptile Hunters
We already have a lot of bookings from over flow from previous run in June we completely expect this run to book out extremely quickly we strongly advise to book as soon a possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note DO NOT BOOK SPACE UNTIL YOU HAVE CONFIRMATION OF A BUY OR SELL.
DEPOSITS TO CONFIRM YOUR SPACE WILL BE TAKEN THAT ARE COMPLETELY NON REFUNDABLE.
When did you purchase the snake? Looking at the above it would seem that anything purchased after 8th August wouldn't be shipped anyway. Unless they have reserved you a place on their next run which might be in December ??

If you paid the reptile shop then your contract is with them, not any 3rd party company that they sub contracted, unless you split payments and paid the courier company direct. But seeing as it states a no refund policy, you may have to take it in the chin...

It's tough learning curve... but I that's life.

·
Registered
11,090 Posts
Always check the fine print.
Having had a quick look at their website, they seem to have prices all over the place. £1050 for a GTP?????????
And offer outdated advice such as hognoses being absolutely fine unless you are "allergic"

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Have you tried contacting Rothwell Pets? They offer CITES shipments I believe, not many companies doing it at present. It wouldn't surprise me if Reptasia just didn't know GTPs were CITES.... that's all I am saying on that one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.