·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·

·
Registered
135 Posts
My ZaZu wanted to say hi to Pandora!

ZaZu has been with me 16 years now. I suspect she was a breeding bird before I got her so I reckon she is probably in her 20's now at least. She has a habit of overpreening, which we are working on but she goes through phases still.
She is enjoying staring grumpily at me from my monitor when I'm on conference calls with work these days!

Attachments

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
My ZaZu wanted to say hi to Pandora!

ZaZu has been with me 16 years now. I suspect she was a breeding bird before I got her so I reckon she is probably in her 20's now at least. She has a habit of overpreening, which we are working on but she goes through phases still.
She is enjoying staring grumpily at me from my monitor when I'm on conference calls with work these days!
Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

Be thankful you only get glared at. Pandora literally dive bombs and bites my head if I'm on the phone. Love her to death but she's an absolute nightmare at times.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Thankfully she has never been an aggressive bird. She has her moments when she is pissed off about something and has a grumble, but rarely goes for anyone.

She's is only really tame with me however. She wasn't tame when I got her, took 7 years for her to willingly come to me for a head scratch !

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
Thankfully she has never been an aggressive bird. She has her moments when she is pissed off about something and has a grumble, but rarely goes for anyone.

She's is only really tame with me however. She wasn't tame when I got her, took 7 years for her to willingly come to me for a head scratch !
Pan is largely not aggressive. She just wants me all to herself so if I'm on the phone she "reminds" me she's there. She's happiest getting her head and neck stroked on my forearm.

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·
Since little man got a new toy today Pan got her favourite. Wooden beads to chew off.

·
Registered
9,293 Posts
your pictures are beautiful! What camera are you using?

Adorable parrot, I love birds but don't think we have the time or patience which they both deserve and need.

Reactions: Basin79

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·
your pictures are beautiful! What camera are you using?

Adorable parrot, I love birds but don't think we have the time or patience which they both deserve and need.
There's a mixture in this thread. Phone, Nikon D5500 and Sony a7r iii. Pan hates the camera so getting a decent pic of her is a bloody nightmare.

Whilst I absolutely love Pandora to bits she's insane and extremely hard work a lot of the time. I'm certainly not stating all parrots are like this but they do require a lot of time. They're just that damn intelligent. They don't miss a trick.

Reactions: Roseanna
201 - 209 of 209 Posts