I'd really like to set up a shrimp-only tank, I have a few questions, so thanks in advance for helpful replies !
- Is it possible to keep several types of shrimp together without any being eaten ? For sale so far I've seen (for tropical freshwater tanks) cherry shrimp, freshwater prawns, bamboo shrimp, Yamatoa shrimp, etc., so quite a range of sizes.
- How many litres of water needed per shrimp approx ?
- Also would like some help in finding the right tank. I was thinking of something like the Fluval Edge, but would like to find it as cheap as possible. They had some nice designer-style tanks in Manchester last time I went, something quite small and decorative.
- Is it advisable to keep only shrimp in a tank, or would it be helpful to include some form of algae-eater as well, Hong Kong plec or something ? I don't really know which fish are likely to eat the prawns, I have an ancistrus in the main fish tank who is very efficient, maybe one of these ?
- And anything else important I should consider ?!