Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As my pituophis is now growing faster i'm going to move her out of the RUB and into a vivarium now i'm going to put in a ceramic but i do not know which make is best also what is the best thermostat to go with with and last but not least does UV tube actually do anything? Thank you :notworthy:

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
As my pituophis is now growing faster i'm going to move her out of the RUB and into a vivarium now i'm going to put in a ceramic but i do not know which make is best also what is the best thermostat to go with with and last but not least does UV tube actually do anything? Thank you :notworthy:
i get my ceramics from ebay user called reptiheat. there around £10. i find the best stats for ceramics are pulse or dimming but you can use on/off stats so long as there rating is high enough. 300w+ what size viv you using?:2thumb:: victory:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Snakes don't need UV

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The vivarium would be a Vivexotic EX48

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I have a 3x2x2 viv with a 150w heat bulb running on a dimming stat. Works a treat...

Oh bulb was £8 on ebay. Look around at the poultry ones as they cost a little less and work just as well....(chickens hey) :2thumb:

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
the only think uv bulbs do is entertain your snake, as they pull it down for the tenth time that evening :whip:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts