Reptile Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just set up my new vivexotic ex55 and is looking into how to a) light and heat the viv and b) control the light and heat in there. I'm interested in using some habistats to both increase the amount of light progessively through the day and dimm out and introduce the night light as the daylight fades, and then dim out again in morning to best represent natural lighting cycle. Only problem is i can't understand exactly which products i need to do this and also which lamp fittings i need to purchase for the strip lights.

Also im unsure which product i need which would control the heat and also take the heat produced by the striplights into account. This habistat also needs to be able to dim so i can increase the temp during the day, and reduce during the night

Could anyone advise me please?....I'm proper stuck :(

Thanks

Jebusmt

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Try looking at some of these products...
http://www.eurorep.net/habistat/sunmoon.htm
may be what you're after!? obviously you would need a night light and a day light...I'd say a day glo 2.0 and a night glo to simulate natural light cycle. add in a timer for you heating system also and you have a naturalish cycle:)

Also i completely forgot to add this is dependent on what you intent to put in it....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts