Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know what to look for when sexing a beardie but is there another way to tell or have an idea without looking between their back legs as I think Tiger is a male but can't be 100% sure.

The only reason I think this is because just by looking at him basking there is more of a bump just under the base of it's tail.

Is there another way to find out via body shape, behaviour, etc.

He is around 3-4 months old so I guess if he is male it's still too young to visibly see the pores underneath.

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I think that a male beardys tail will be thicker than a females. Im not sure where i heard that but it seems to be accurate altho the best way is to look at ur beardy under the tail.

Also my beardy is just around 4 months old now and i can clearly tell he is a male and his pores are slightly visible.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
lol my beardy has a very thick tail.....yet she's a girl lol a big beast of a girl.....just not very long :roll:

·
Registered
250 Posts
bigger head is a clear sign, darker markings under the beard and for a male two lumps above the vent where as female has one, hope this helps :)

·
Registered
801 Posts
Does he bob his head at you? That's a slightly reliable sign he'd be male. Is he in their on his own? If not how does he act towards his viv-mates? :D

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Larger head is one sign of a male, another is the neck, the males tend to have a thicker neck than the females, then theres the 2 bumps near the vent. and a slightly thicker tail as mentoned. But to be 100% sure than i would take another look at 6 months old.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts