Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Got a lovely corn from a member of this forum, unsexed and eight weeks old. Contacted a local reptile shop advertising that they can sex for free but they said mine was too young and to contact them again in a few months.
I asked on the corn snake forum and someone said it could be done at any age, so who's right?

Also wondering if there are any local breeders willing to pop it for me?

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
Popping will be fine, but my question would be - why the rush?? you already have it so give it a few more weeks/months in peace before you go getting out the probes.... unless of course you are looking to get another to breed?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Popping will be fine, but my question would be - why the rush?? you already have it so give it a few more weeks/months in peace before you go getting out the probes.... unless of course you are looking to get another to breed?
Thanks all,

No rush whatsoever. I'm not fussed what sex it is, but it is going to bug me long term as I keep referring to the snake as "he"!

I noticed on the website of the reptile shop I'd like to take it to that they like u to let them know in advance so I sent in a general enquiry, all they said was flat out too young.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh and yes I would like to have a go at breeding in a few years :)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
If I were a mod I would so an the word "up" on the end of your thread title!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I were a mod I would so an the word "up" on the end of your thread title!
Haha! Should've put Popping/probing really shouldn't I? Poor choice of words. It was early morning :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts