Reptile Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've had a leo for 11ish years now(under the impression he was a he), for the past six years he had been housed with a female (who unfortunately just passed) who he was no more than friends with. i'd tried all the methods out there to get them to breed but no luck. before concidering to get 'him' a friend i thought i'd check to make sure he was a he. upon inspection pre anal pores were lacking but slight hemipene bumps? were present. could this just mean he is a dud, lacks testosterone to enlarge pores? or a female with slightly developed bumps? i tried to take pics but he got a bit squirmy!! i'll try again later...hope some1 can shed some light on this for me!! :)

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
coudl be a female with slight bumps, a ''hot female'' maybe..

if you go on my site

Welcome | enjoy!

and go on caresheets, i have pic of one of my males, pores :)

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
without pictures it's difficult to say. Most people will be able to help with a picture. If it helps, put him/her in a clear plastic container and take a picture throught the bottom

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I'm not soo good on this but i would say it is a female, there is a thread on the new area about sexing that i was looking at earlier and the poore and lumps should be more defined. Its a stickie so im sure you will be able to find it in the newbie advice area : victory:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shouldnt b, hasnt seen a male in the past 10years,lol andf havnt ever found anything laid around the tank.
there is some brusing from where she ingested some sand tho...she!! lol is feeding and v.active. but the egg thing, shouldnt b. females only produce eggs once they've been fertilised?...dont they

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
shouldnt b, hasnt seen a male in the past 10years,lol andf havnt ever found anything laid around the tank.
there is some brusing from where she ingested some sand tho...she!! lol is feeding and v.active. but the egg thing, shouldnt b. females only produce eggs once they've been fertilised?...dont they
They can produce eggs at other times as well, such as if they can smell a male but some produce them randomly too... i didnt see an egg myself ill double check now though...

·
Registered
573 Posts
nooo too me they look like fat pores not eggs

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
could the whiteish area be calcium storage for eggs? says something about it on vms herp. thanks xclairex link was really useful and in depth!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts