Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
i'm assuming you mean sexing by moults? not undersides? if its moults its not really age its more the size if you have a microscope you can sex them when they are s'lings but by eye alone i managed to sex my B. boheimi the other day and i'd say he was about a 5cm legsapn

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm assuming you mean sexing by moults? not undersides? if its moults its not really age its more the size if you have a microscope you can sex them when they are s'lings but by eye alone i managed to sex my B. boheimi the other day and i'd say he was about a 5cm legsapn
Either way, but moults would be easier. Will google it and see what my moults are telling me :cheers:

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
well yes moults are easier as id rather have a 2 step with a grizzly bear than grab my P. metallica
if you cant find any pics easy enough let me know as i have some somewhere i can dig out for you

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well yes moults are easier as id rather have a 2 step with a grizzly bear than grab my P. metallica
if you cant find any pics easy enough let me know as i have some somewhere i can dig out for you
Im trying to find molt photos to compare with mine at home. Dont suppose you have them to hand?

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
this is a female u can see the spremathecae (the little flap of skin in the centre)
Picture belongs to Paul Maddison
copyright © 2007 Paul Maddison

this is a male and the spermathecae isnt there

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yep thats it between the two highest "white bits" lol
its ok ur not being a pain i think i asked the exact same thing when i first got shown pics:mrgreen:
Thanks again, does this apply to all species of T? As i have already sexed my Emperor Scorpion today i was also wondering if sexing them applies to all Scorpions? But that is probably a question for DarkDan.

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
Thanks again, does this apply to all species of T? As i have already sexed my Emperor Scorpion today i was also wondering if sexing them applies to all Scorpions? But that is probably a question for DarkDan.
yeh that pretty much applies to all T's, i belive there are a few species this doesnt apply to though. as for scorps i have no idea lol, ive never kept a scorp as the only species i like are like rocking horse s&#t to get hold of :? i'll leave that to dan

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeh that pretty much applies to all T's, i belive there are a few species this doesnt apply to though. as for scorps i have no idea lol, ive never kept a scorp as the only species i like are like rocking horse s&#t to get hold of :? i'll leave that to dan
What is the species you like? Just have to wait for all my T's to molt. Just nice to know what sex they are before i name them. Taking that into account i do have a mate whos female cat is called Dave!!

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hehe how long have you got? at present ive got 32 ranging from brachys to avics to pokies and some real meanies
but out of my collection my two favourites are my

poecilotheria metallica
and my
pterinochilus murinus
Haha, the wish list!!
Just brought an A.Versicolor, now to build up my Scorps. I find them fascinating

1 - 20 of 23 Posts