Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at what age can you get a corn snake sexed. and is it better to get an expert to do it or can it be done easily by me!!!!!!! would the shop i bought him from be able to help. i say him.......but it could be a her.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
hi there lynne think that probing you snake is best left to an expert if you are not too sure what you are doing....quite sure someone on here will be able to point you in the direction of a place that will sexy your snake for you :wink:

·
Banned
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats great thanks. but he/she was hatched on 7th july. is he/she still too young to have this done. and can anyone help with somewhere that would do this for me.

·
Banned
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
p.s. am near falkirk and would be willing to take him to anyone that could safely do it.

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Hes not too young really, though popping will probably be easier than probing. Any decent reptile shop will be able to pop or probe him/her for you.

G

·
Your snake could be probed now and this would be the only way to be 100% sure of the sex.Most snakes can be popped straight away at hatching but in some cases a male may appear to be femal if you do not do it properly as you will not be able to pop out the sexual organs.

·
Banned
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes there is no way i could even do that. i have no where near the experience.

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
As I said any decent reptile shop should be able to do it for you. Was the shop you bought it from reputable? If so pop back and ask them to sex it for you.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Hi there Lynne

Another Scot here ( we taking over ? ) I am 'bout nine miles from you lass !!!!!! ...I would suggest taking him / her to Rintouls in Bathgate ...call them beforehand see if Derek is in . He would probs do it for ya . I need to take one of mine as well soon . HTH

Take care

·
Banned
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats great. i will call them and ask when he will be in. the place i bought him was in the shopping centre in cumbernauld. they seem to have lots of snakes etc, but they sell other things too. and once you buy what your buying they do not seem too interested. so will try where you said. its not too far away. thanks pete.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I hear ya on the ' interest ' bit .....changed days ....also a bit tad pricey ( more to do with the rates in the center tho ) lol ya'll have sussed I stay in Cumbernauld now probs lol.

Take care

·
Banned
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
am in kincardine. quite close. i bought the whole set up from them cause i thought you had to have special this and that. he/she is a lovely wee snake though. i love her to bits.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
thats all that really counts .

Take care

1 - 14 of 14 Posts