Reptile Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right as I'm sure some of you remember I was having probs with my 2 CRBs after bein covered with frontline and a week or so ago I reported they were feeding well now with no probs. Well went to feed them last night and Armitage (the smaller one) normally has 2/3 brained pinkies but wasn't interested in them at all, I had a few rat pinkies out for Shade (the bigger one) so thought would try Armitage on them instead & brained one & she started eating as normal she got the head down & started shaking? Like convulsing & seemed to go all weak, she then spat out the pink & i didnt want to stress her out any more so I didn't try again & just put her away. Tried feeding rat pink to Shade & she struck at it & dropped it (something she doesn't normally do she normally just eats it) Now does anyone have any idea why my snake was shaking? Has anyone elses done this? Could it be some longterm damage caused by frontline? Or maybe the pinks were off?? Any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The frontline incident was over a month ago, had a few probs with Armitage eating but up til last night the last three times we offered her pinks she ate 2/3/3 so thought all was gd!

·
Registered
380 Posts
OMFG just read that thread, non diluted frontline? go to that pet shop and poke that guy in the eye with a hot needle!
frontline is great but your supposed to dilute it with water and soak a cloth and let the snake run through it, then bathe it in water.
this guy is a total idiot.
add me on msn [email protected] or [email protected] if you want and il talk you through a couple of things that might save the poor guys life.
frontline should NEVER be inhaled by your snake it will totally f*** the poor wee fellas respitory system and ultimateley end its life. what an idiot who was this guy? msn me and we'll see what we can do.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Armitage ate last night :D but showed no interest in a mouse pinkie til i covered it in rat pinkie brains :sick: no shaking this time thank god!! Picky snakes, lol thought they were supposed to prefer mice to rats not the other way round, well each to his own i guess, i don't care as long as shes eating lol, i'd cook her a 5 course dinner based around rats if it meant she'd eat lol. shes sooooo cute when she eats (still wont eat anywhere but on my blokes hand no matter what i try) she took one of the pinks by the neck & must hav spent about 30mins gettin over the head bless her its was quite funny, think she was gettin annoyed at it because she started shaking it round in her mouth (not to be confused with convulsions lol) Now the other ones been a little bugger & refusing feeds goddamit its just one after the other!! Why can't I just have snakes that eat when i tell em to eh?! I've only got 1 snake that has never refused a feed (she ate last night aswell bless her) and she's a lovely big girl i got off Gaz, the male I also got off Gaz has only refused once but he was in the blue a couple of days before so no probs there & he ate a fat rat the day after his shed so alls gd!! anyway enough rambling on for now..... :lol:

·
Premium Member
15,651 Posts
Never tried myself but have been told you cannot dilute frontline with water as it doesn't mix or something. Anyone actually tried and seen the results? I have always used it neat and never had problems.

·
Registered
324 Posts
If I have problems with mites, and only twice, once with Robbie and the second with Robberta, I used a sachet of frontline in both vivs (the terrier size) and put some via my finger over the snakie's neck and down the back. I have never had a problem with adverse effects as the 'sachets' are tiny and you dont use a whole one.

By the way, Andy your girl is getting huge, I'll send you some pics as soon as I can get a camera that works :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts