Reptile Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought i'd create a wee thread that's simply here for us to all show our vivs? Looking around i've seen some really interesting set ups and lay outs.
As a new snake owner i'm looking for some inspiration for my Viv. I want it to look really good and still allow me to see him out a lot but be really beneficial to him. So places to hide, exercise and feel safe etc.

I only got Sir Vincent on Saturday and i'm a poor Student :lol2: So my set up is pretty basic so far...

A pic of mine is below.

Please, share yours!

More recently and at night..

·
Registered
13,305 Posts
Here's a few of mine - Had these up before so sorry for the re-posts people :) Some of them are old pics as i've had cat litter trays in all of them for a few years and only use ceramic dog bowls for young snakes in rubs now days.

Reactions: abjsnakes

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
this is my overall set up:

my eco active tanks:

my male boas tank from angles, (dont really have any without him in them lol)

my females little arboreal L build for her:

:)

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
What do you keep in the first 2 tanks?
one is being set up for amazon milk frogs, (but was spsosed to be for a gtp)
so the one with the bamboo removabul percehes is now the tank growing in for the gtp when the tank is ready, and the big fish tank is incubation tank for the plants before they go into main tanks :)

·
Registered
530 Posts
one is being set up for amazon milk frogs, (but was spsosed to be for a gtp)
so the one with the bamboo removabul percehes is now the tank growing in for the gtp when the tank is ready, and the big fish tank is incubation tank for the plants before they go into main tanks :)
I've seen a gtp tank on here with water in the bottom and arboreal in the top. Your second picture down reminded me of that and I wondered if you'd had a go at that to.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
See, if this works (haven't used photobucket for a while).

My 2 vivs:

Top one is Ozzie's:

His cave (which he hardly uses) and a reminder to wipe the glass, lol

Ozzie in his favourite spot (out in the open in case someone walks by with a defrosted mouse)

Draco's vivarium (shelf need fixed - the fat beggar, lol)

Draco's cave

Don't know where Draco's hiding. Since using Repti-Card it's hard to find him when he's dug in (he's an Anery Striped Corn), lol.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
That's kinda what I did go for but I am gonna do it on a larger scale for the adult GTP tank! This is just for the juvenile :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
I use RUBS for my snakes.

Rack:-

Cabling all hidden:-

Typical setups:-

I've switched mainly to paper substrate now as I find it easier to keep the setups clean this way.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Some amazing stuff guys!!
A lot of you seem to be using different substrates. Think I seen some bark and some kind of dirt??
What do you prefer? I'm on aspen. Was told its easiest and I quite like how he can burrow.

Also, while I'm here. How often should I clean the viv? Does it have to be sterilised?

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Some amazing stuff guys!!
A lot of you seem to be using different substrates. Think I seen some bark and some kind of dirt??
What do you prefer? I'm on aspen. Was told its easiest and I quite like how he can burrow.

Also, while I'm here. How often should I clean the viv? Does it have to be sterilised?

Cheers.
Pick some f10 up and do a full disinfectant clean every 4-6 weeks then spot cleans once you see dirt

Reactions: Marclogan89

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I use cypress mulch in all my tanks as i find it holds the humidity better than all the others. I know gtp need the humidity a bit more than other species but it aids all species when it comes to shedding.

I spot clean urates and poo in the morning if it has gone during the night and clean fully every few months. But i f10 the insides every two weeks.

In my planted tank above i have soil, eco-earth and some compost. And with regards to cleaning. I have not touched a thing in there since march when it got set up. The bugs living in the soil break down any poo and it fertilises the soil.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
cb12 Carpet python is the top viv and cb11 Corn in the botton, both are getting upgraded end off next month as getting a custom build done. (ignore the temp on my CP's viv lol both got cleaned minutes before photo's)

Close up of Corn set up

and CP set up

Plan on ordering a maxi-bale of repti card after i move for both vivs in a couple of weeks rather than newpaper. At the mo the viv's get strip cleaned everytime they poop and disinfected with F10. once i start using Repti card i will just spot clean and do a strip clean every 4 weeks: victory:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.