Reptile Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
If both parents are visual, then they will take one gene from each parent, so would be het sharp and kahl, working on the same principal as if you put a visual albino to a normal. In that scenario all babies would be het albino as they would have one gene from each parent.
So I presume they themselves could produce both Kahl & Sharp strain babies?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
So I presume they themselves could produce both Kahl & Sharp strain babies?
I guess so, but don't know if it has ever been done. Would be interesting to know if a couple of these have been put together and produced a visual of each strain in the same litter. Let's hope someone can shed some light on it and say if it's been done before.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Does anyone know if this has ever been done? If so did the babies just look like normal boas? : victory:
I forgot to mention that babies would have been produced in the past from breeding the Kahl strain to the Sharp strain and all would have looked normal, because this is how Brian Sharp would have discovered his albino was a different strain in the first place. Whether he bred the babies together and what he produced, i wouldn't know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The main difference between Kahl and Sharp strain, is the incompatability. They are a different gene so breeding visual morph's from both strains together, would produce all het's for both strain.

The colouring varies; Sharp generally hold their colour better as Kahl fades as the snake matures. Saying that, i have seen some high contrast Kahl's and low contrast Sharps, with the Kahl looking better, so it all depends from snake to snake in many cases.
Has anyone noticed a size difference between the Sharp and the Kahl like which one usually gets bigger on average. I know they're both Colombian boas. Its just was wondering because I have a Sharo female that seems to be a little small for her age. She is 2 years old and is maybe like 3ft. Now maybe its just me amd thats the growth rate and she is gonna be a normal size. But my sons boas are a little younger and bigger than mine. So was just curious.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts