Reptile Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am trying to herd my tarantula into a cricket box so i can put more sunstrate in her tank. Problem being she wont move lols. Shes on the side of the tank and just wont move. Any ideas?

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
Am trying to herd my tarantula into a cricket box so i can put more sunstrate in her tank. Problem being she wont move lols. Shes on the side of the tank and just wont move. Any ideas?

Put the cricket tub in front of her & nudge her until she moves with a paint brush or somethin like that. :)

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
Put the cricket tub over her and the lid slide underneath, she will move eventually. Be gentle but firm. "tickle" her leg with the tub rather than push.

·
Registered
19,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Her back legs r on the ground haha. Jeez she dont wana make this easy for me lols.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
If she's on the side can you not put the substrate in any way? Sometimes it's less hassle to work around the spider.

·
Registered
19,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did it. She was so good. Didnt kick hairs or anything. Bless her im so pleased with myself now. I love her to bits XD. Thanks for the help i know im a wimp hehe.

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
I did it. She was so good. Didnt kick hairs or anything. Bless her im so pleased with myself now. I love her to bits XD. Thanks for the help i know im a wimp hehe.

Well done. :D

I was worse than that when I got my first lol.. :blush:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Well Done !!!!!!

Now you have done it once there will be no stopping you !!!!!!

Glad it all ended with smiles

Chris

·
Registered
19,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was shaking but she was so good. A friend who has tarantulas came over to hold her the other day and did say shes one of the most docile smithis hes seen. She dont move unless she has too. Im petrified of spiders to the verge i have been known to have panic attacks and faint. However i have pushed myself and i really am enjoying having a spidey.

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
Glad it worked out in the end! :2thumb:

The longer you have your spider the easier it will get. You will just get used to it.

With regards to getting you T in to a cricket tub or anything like that, the best advice I can give is to be confident, and like Becky said be gentle but firm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts