Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have built my shed now and now in the process of doing the inside, I used a concrete prefab sectional garage to use as my shed it's 10ft by 14ft. I'm currently insulating the walls, floor and roof and doing the electrics. Sorry about mess lol was my workshop.

Reactions: rdste09

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
looking good so far make sure you keep us updated on the progress

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What would be the best way to heat the shed? I'm thinking of an oiled filled radiator. My plan for the shed is 2x 8ft by 4ft by 3ft, 2x 8ft by 2ft by 2ft and 5x 4ft by 2ft by 2ft vivs.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
wow - MAJOR PROJECT mate - but looking at that Tiger in your sig - well stone the crow - see why. Don't forget your expandable foam to gap fill everything that needs a little sealing in. I'll be following this build with interest. I got the use of a double shed recently - but only to breed my mice.

Heating is the main factor to worry about and also a BACK-UP electricity plan just in case of a power cut. PC's can happen at any time - even in areas not prone to the such and it would be more than a loss to think about. Have a look at some petrol generators etc - some are a tad noisy but if it means saving the life of a snake then all is worth it.

I think those oil filled radiators are cheap enough for what they are - and there are lots to choose from on the market - different wattage etc.

p.s -

Have you lagged the roof too yet?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't started the roof just yet still get some bits to start it

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
an oil filled radiator will keep the temp in the shed just right they are quite economical to.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More work done today insulated and and boarded the floor, roof to do next. Got to paint the whole shed when then weather is good as well.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Taken the door of today so I can reinforce it and insulate it plus put some bricks under the door as a lip to stop water going in the shed.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not much more done yet apart from filling gaps in the walls and painting, got to insulate and board the roof and then connect up the electrics then i can start building my new vivs :2thumb:

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Me painting the outside today.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still thinking about vivs and unsure on what sizes and how many to have but I know I want 2x 8ft L by 4ft W by 3ft H vivs for big snakes or monitors.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My new viv build 9ft long 4ft wide 3.5ft tall

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Car has decided to bugger up on me so trying to buy another car so things have slowed right down at the mo :devil:

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pick up new car Monday so build back on from Tuesday :lol2:

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry been so busy with the shed and getting bits for it but update finished big viv and now has a 3.5ft Nile monitor in it building my rat and multi collection up so gonna build a breeding rub rack for them.
More pics will follow tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Been doing some more bits ie building vivs and sorting out a rat and multi breeding rack.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts