1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
what size is it going to be?

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
looking forward to seeing this build, as it happens.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I'm stabbing roughly 14m squared all supllies for that was roughly 250 but I got the slabs for free so only cost me 150. Shed is 1035, insulation will roughly be 300, wood another 300 all electrics including heating about 350. Gettin a upvc door for 130 and will need a few stats so roughly 2500-3000 for a shed the size I'm doing.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
are you building the shed yourself or buying one?, that seems expensive to me, didn't cost us that much to do a 25ft x16ft x8ft one built out of concrete blocks. Im building a 15ftx9ftx8ft to put my reps in as the other one is my hubbies and sons, and I don't want to take over it anymore,

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
are you building the shed yourself or buying one?, that seems expensive to me, didn't cost us that much to do a 25ft x16ft x8ft one built out of concrete blocks. Im building a 15ftx9ftx8ft to put my reps in as the other one is my hubbies and sons, and I don't want to take over it anymore,
Buying a shed, was gona build it myself but as its now october and I live in scotland so its likely it will just rain then snow then rain until about may:lol2: so id rather have it done asap. The price iv said also includes all the enclosures and equipment.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Small update, nothing too exciting. All the dirt has been dug out, just need to get rid of the big rocks.
This is all the dirt removed, got a lot of nice sandy top soil and the further down I got it started getting a bit rocky. All this will be going back in the shed for the monitor. Hopefully there will be a topsoil layer on top then at the bottom there will be stones mixed so there is different layers to stimulate the moni whilst burrowing, this should hold burrows well.
Finally I was looking at insulation on ebay and saw this 100sqm of foil insulation so I bid £9.99 and won. Its the equivelent to 50mm insulation. Im going to double layer it around the whole shed then cover woth 50mm rockwool.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Looks a decent size.Cannot wait to see inside when its all finished.:2thumb:

Reactions: David V

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Going to be a slow process but it will be finished by February/march time for the cumingi monitor hatching.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
you got pic pic plz m8 looking at building a nice size one in tnhe new year

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
looking good m8 open the door for pic:lol2:

Reactions: twiggy1992
1 - 17 of 17 Posts