Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I have my BTS for a month. He is cool, but I think he has shedding problems. He only sheds really small parts of his body. Never a full shed if ya know what I mean.

What do you guys think? Like is it normal, if not what may be the cause?

He is from Indonesia and I spray his tank once a day. Sometimes I think it has to do with humidity. Although, he had mites in the past. He has no mites rn, but maybe thats the reason why he is not shedding properly.

i dont know tbh. Hope u guys can help :)

·
Registered
859 Posts
Blue tongue skunks always shed in pieces like that. Make sure you have him on a soil/bark based substrate and keep the spraying. Nothing to stress over

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blue tongue skunks always shed in pieces like that. Make sure you have him on a soil/bark based substrate and keep the spraying. Nothing to stress over
Oh okay thanks!! He is on bark substrate and I keep spraying it. So I am glad he is doing fine

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Oh okay thanks!! He is on bark substrate and I keep spraying it. So I am glad he is doing fine
Hi, can you show the whole enclosure including a top view, and give details of the ambient (air) temps plus the basking surface temp and how you measure those, also the humidity range?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts