Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My snakes eyes went cloudy about 4 days ago and he has been soaking on and off since. I have also increased humidity from 55% up to between 65 & 70%.

Can anybody give me a general idea of how long carpets take until they fully shed.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts

It can take up to 7 days for some snakes to go from 'blue' to actually shed but it varys from snake to snake. :D

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
I dont know about carpets although I can set my clock by my corn and royal. exactly 2 days after eyes go clear, skin comes off.

Does shedding vary greatly between dfferent species?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I'm not sure whether it varys for different species or not, but I have 4 boas and they all take a different amount of time between going 'blue' and shedding.

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Mine go blue and then back to normal.. then 2-3 days after that they shed.... Can take a while though just keep the humidity up and you'll be fine!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers people.

He was rubbing his nose about last night so hopefully he's loosening up ready to come out all shiny.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I dont know about carpets although I can set my clock by my corn and royal. exactly 2 days after eyes go clear, skin comes off.

Does shedding vary greatly between dfferent species?
Normally yes and is also dependant on the age of the animal, most snakes start the shedding process when the eyes go milky coloured, then within a few days the colour will look like it has come back.

When this happens the snake will usually shed within 48 hous.

Have seen some snakes take 2+ weeks from the eyes going cloudy.

Regards

Jerry Cole

1 - 7 of 7 Posts