Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would be great to see your damp/shedding/sloughing boxes ... I got an 'official' exoterra one in the starter kit with my King which is pretty good. But its too small for my Corn or Royals. My Corn sloughs really well, one piece. My King did it in two big pieces while I wasn't looking. My first Royal shed was a mess, a bit here and there (and I thought I had the humidity raised, digital humidity meter seems to be a bit all over the place). So rather than raise my Royal RUB humidity I'd like to go the sloughing box route.

What do people use? A small rub with a hole in it? With moss or sprayed kitchen roll? Odd, I don't think I've seen moss for sale? Would Forest Floor or Orchid substrate be just as good as moss? I have some of both.

Photos would be great :no1:

·
Registered
13,305 Posts
i have a lunch box with a hole cut in the top with moss in for my BRB and for any others who need a bit of extra humidity i put a bath sponge in a takeaway food tub with a bit of water in the bottom with no lid on under a bigger hide so the snake can go in there if needed. Change every once or twice a week : victory:

·
Registered
942 Posts
i just use an empty takeaway container with spaghnum moss in. my rainbows are on orchid bark which keeps the humidity almost perfect anyway, but i have the hide in there just incase.

when my royal goes into shed i just put the water bowl over where the heat mat is under the RUB. raises humidity to a decent level and works every time. then i move it back to cool end after shed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts