Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
doesnt anyone think the randomness of shedding is a funny thing?

my latest female boa has produced two perfect sheds within 3 weeks of each other whereas the male who is exactly the same age has only had once since ive had him. then my female annery has had 2 sheds since ive had her which is alot longer than the other female!

just find it really random the different timescales they all have between sheds...why cant they all just shed at once and grow at the same rate :lol: :roll:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
shedding

Know wot ya mean, tho a lot of mine seem to have synchronised their sheddings, a lot haven`t. :lol: awkward sods ain`t they, just like to keep us on our toes hunting for skins wrapped round water pots etc :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
173 Posts
well so far my corn has shed twice for me and once from the shop i got him from, all on the last day of the month, how does he know one wonders?

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
When your looking at your snakes day by day I don't think you notice the growth rate... you'll probably find they both put on random growth sperts.. but still it can be random!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive been keeping the sheds and sealing them in plastic wallets and the growth rate of them is nuts :lol:

my male boa is now going into the blue and my annery has started to go really dark, looks like im going to have some decent size snakes if this carry on keeps going :D

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
welshgaz said:
When your looking at your snakes day by day I don't think you notice the growth rate... you'll probably find they both put on random growth sperts.. but still it can be random!
Definitely random growth spurts... one of mine was 3 ft 9 one week... a month later I measured her and she was 4ft 3... quite a growth there... but Ive found out snakes will shed when you least want them to.. they really know how to annoy you sometimes :lol: :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts