Reptile Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the best objects ot have in a viv for a young snake when shedding?

I have a water bowls and hide, from exo terra will that be ok or do i need something else?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
i normally have a rock in my viv but they don't use it the inside of there hide is rough so they use that i guess as long as theres some thing rough to rub against thats about it

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it helps for them to have smething moist as well as something rough then?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Better got some of that moss then,

·
Registered
257 Posts
all you need to do is make sure the humidity is about 70-75% and it should have a perfect shed! i

if it is a trouble shedder then i would add a humid hide and a rock but they don't actually need them.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
I use a humid hide when mine are going into shed (particularly the BP) and spray viv with water couple of times a day to boost humidity.

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Yeah a little humidy hide, water bowl for them to soak and something rough like a stone will be all you need.....

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
my vivs have water bowls big enough to soak in and some rough bark and branches, i also mist them with warm water in a spray bottle when they are in shed, doing this i have never had a problem shed.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
It depends what snakes... my royals have moss but my kings dont have anything... they shed unaided... always have.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts