Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about shipping some animals over from america but I don't realy know how to go about finding all the details. can anyone tell me what regulations are involved and what sort of price I am looking at for the whole process. also, presumably I would pay to ship a crate, not individual animals, so to ship one lizard is going to be the same price as shipping say 20, right? obviosly if the box was bigger, or much heavier it would cost more.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
depends what you want, and when you want it.. also weight will be a factor..
hamm is thebest bet

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is also a posability I have been considering. trouble is I have never been before, and its a long drive on your own. (not to mention pricey) I have a friend who was also thinking about coming along but I don't know how serious he is. I have certainly not ruled it out but someone has offered to ship some over, I just need to find out the details.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
its not that expensive really, i mean in terms that you would be paying in the thousands to import anyway, 100 quid or so will get you there and back if you take someone and they go halves..
ferry, petrol, entrance fee, not too bad

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
I've asked this on US forums many times and basically you have to spend 1000s for it to be worth it. Taxes are high, regulations a REAL pain and tonnes of paper work. If you go for it let me know as i found a load of cresties im dying for but i wouldnt get your hopes up.
The only people who do it (for cresties anyway) are people like Allen Repashy who shipped over 1000s a few years ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts