Reptile Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
14,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We sold our beloved 2.8i Capri on Ebay last month and its taken the guy a month to organise its collection as she's being shipped to Ireland.
Well last night was the night, at 9pm what i thought was gonna be a single car flat bed turned out to be a ruddy great 11 car transporter :lolsign:

Last car on the bottom row she was

As befitting the old girl we lent her Magics battery and she growled up under her own steam, he was driving down to Manchester last night, then Liveppol and Ireland tomorrow.

Have a good trip Voodoo, you may be gone but you'll never be forgotten hunny.:(

·
Registered
635 Posts
shame ya sold her pam

i know of a guy who sells alot of cars to ireland. for some reason people can make alot of money by buying cars over here and then having them shipped over there. i forget why now though.

·
Banned
14,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hehehe yup just abit, due to the small roads round here he had to back it out the same way he came in, great driver is all i can say:no1:

·
Registered
683 Posts
shame ya sold her pam

i know of a guy who sells alot of cars to ireland. for some reason people can make alot of money by buying cars over here and then having them shipped over there. i forget why now though.
the UK is one of the cheapest places to buy second hand cars in Europe, the rest of Europe have the problem of our cars been RHD though, Ireland also drives on the left so doesnt have this problem, ive sold a few cars to people who have exported them back to europe to break for parts as our cars are a lot cheaper to buy than theirs.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Why'd ya get rid of it Pam??:bash:

Tim

P.S thanks for directing me to this forum

·
Banned
14,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well long and short of it is, Adam (hubby) isnt too well at the moment, and we had two Capris (others a 2.0S and in very good nick) and also the Dodge Ram (needs an engine overhaul), the 2.8i was to go heavily modified but his health wont allow, so we sold her and bought a Ford Focus that at least he wont be mechanicing on every couple of months like the Cappas and the Dodge needs.
Plus our drive was heaving, 4 cars and 2 bikes.:(

Ah Timbo me old mucker, just twigged who you are!!!!! hehehehe

·
Registered
635 Posts
that is a shame pam. you should have said you were selling as im looking for a new car at the moment

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well long and short of it is, Adam (hubby) isnt too well at the moment, and we had two Capris (others a 2.0S and in very good nick) and also the Dodge Ram (needs an engine overhaul), the 2.8i was to go heavily modified but his health wont allow, so we sold her and bought a Ford Focus that at least he wont be mechanicing on every couple of months like the Cappas and the Dodge needs.
Plus our drive was heaving, 4 cars and 2 bikes.:(
Real shame... I like the old 2.8's:( Hope Adam is on the mend soon

Ah Timbo me old mucker, just twigged who you are!!!!! hehehehe
heh well I guess 'Tim' may have given it away. Noticed there's one or two old faces on here but they haven't twigged yet ;)

·
Banned
14,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
heh well I guess 'Tim' may have given it away. Noticed there's one or two old faces on here but they haven't twigged yet ;)
It was the kiss my poopy hole comment in your siggy that did it, pure class and a total Tim comment.:lol2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts