Reptile Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this shocking video on youtube of someones pet snake, some sort of boa i would think but dont know, killing a goat.
I dont know if its been posted on here before, or if anyone has seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Sd6wE5CcI

What you all think?
I certainly don't like it, even if people say its natural, which it isn't, because i dont think a snake would kill something that size and in captivity animals feel pain more than they would in the wild where something in their head makes them cut it out.

'"Life in captivity is not as stressful as life in the wild."
In nature, the time between a prey animal first perceiving a threat and finally being killed is relatively short. Also, in a natural situation, biological systems can block the prey's psychological stress and physical pain, so even the most gruesome deaths aren't as terrible as they appear. In captivity, this mechanism breaks down as predator/prey interactions are nullified, behavioural opportunities interfered with and natural mindsets altered. Captive animals probably experience physical and psychological suffering much more sharply. Even if, superficially, captives seem 'content', the stress is largely continuous and unnatural, from the moment of capture or birth in captivity to death.'

Off of the BBC website.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
not letting me view anything????

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
You need to click the box to confirm you are aware it has been flagged as inappropriate. If you don't have an account you probably wont be able to see it until you sign up and log in. I have seen it before, not a nice video really and listening to them blokes in the background makes me a little angry... They are getting such kicks out of it! :cry:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah, that'll be because you either dont have flash player, not a youtube member or signed in, the latter two you need because people have complained about it and its "graphic nature".

If you listen carefully to the guys talking you can hear them talking about getting a dog next :shock: :x :evil:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I've seen that one before - bloody idiots - just listen to them.

Totally unnecessary, and possibly dangerous for any captive snake feeding something like that.

I doubt the goat enjoyed it either.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
I left a comment to them saying how sick it was... it was just for fun once again... stupid people shouldnt keep animals.

·
Registered
257 Posts
it was posted not long ago. it is very retarded there is no reason to do that, you can clearly see by listening to the video that it was for their entertainment.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I dont even want to see that or hear those people.

I think the most disturbing thing about that is the way they seem to enjoy it :evil:

·
Registered
597 Posts
3rd time this has been posted :)

all i can say is atleast the snake is being fed and not staved to death as for being a live goat, we kill animals for us to eat so how come its bad for a snake to kill food for itself to it. the snake is probably not cared for very well. dunno what else i can say other than the guys do sound like morons.

o and its a burm not a boa :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
OMG i feel really sad and sick!!! Thats just wrong, those people should be shot! I dont think its right what so ever!

I can understand in the wild, but come on!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts