Reptile Forums banner

Shop Stock Help

568 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Art_Gecko101 
#1 ·
Right I have just started a new job in a pet store, and in january they are opening up a reptile/exotic animals section (which i get to manage yay me!) well I was just wondering what sorta stock you guys would wanna see if the store was opening near you (so to speak) The vivs have already been ordered (which I am not happy about as they are "state of the art" glass and ali with ceramic heaters) I think there are 36 in total consisting of 2 stacks of 3 tier vivs which will have 4 x 24"x15"x15" & 2 x 24"x15"x30" and 2 stacks of 4 tier 2 x 48"x15"x12" & 4 x 24"x15"x12" (not the best in the world but like I said out of my hands) the manager also wants stock which will sell (kind obvious but hey :D) so guys what do you think I should stock and what would you like to see ????? let me know :D

#2 ·
I reckon most people who goto Rep Shops are probably newbies or people just seeking food..... So I'd start with the most common species leos, creasties, tokays, beardies, corns, royals maybe a boa or two, perhaps a carpet python. Once you become known as a rep shop I guess you could then branch out into monitors, water dragons etc...

I hope you will be quizzing people on general maintainance and care before selling!? :D

#3 ·
Oh dont worry about that I will be, and when i'm not there my colleague who works my days off definatly wont let any of the reps out of her site until she if sure they will be ok, as all her reps are rescues

#7 ·
If I can help it, all the stock will be captive bred, I am completely against CF animals and dislike the selling of wild animals unless its to help stop the endangerment of the species, so unless I am misinformed all the stock I get will be CB.

#8 ·
I never see enough amphibians in pet stores. It'd be great to be able to look around before you buy instead of ordering. Try to get some of the easy species like Whites Tree frogs, and fire bellied toads and salamanders... theyre easy to keep and great fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.