Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Are there any good reptile shops in a sixty mile radius of Taunton.
If so can you please give me their details or PM me with them.

Thanks

slither61 :snake: :snake: :snake:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Theres a couple around Taunton a good one in Warminster , South west reptiles in Exeter and theres some nutter that sell's reps from a small room in his house although mainly DWA stuff he's in Exeter too :wink:

·
Registered
400 Posts
im original from somerset, only places i can think of would be bristol, there is a guy from somerset with a reptile site i see if i can get his addy for you he prob know some good places :D

·
Registered
400 Posts
im original from somerset, only places i can think of would be bristol, there is a guy from somerset with a reptile site i see if i can get his addy for you he prob know some good places :D

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
TBUK said:
Theres a couple around Taunton a good one in Warminster , South west reptiles in Exeter and theres some nutter that sell's reps from a small room in his house although mainly DWA stuff he's in Exeter too :wink:
can you pm me the guy who sells DWA stuff?
(not gonna buy anything just wanna look :lol: )

·
Registered
818 Posts
Hiya,
I live in Bridgwater (only about 10 miles from taunton). Unfortunatley there arent any reptile shops around. The best we have is garden centres with reptile departments. :cry:
Tanya xxx

·
Registered
400 Posts
caburys garden world between weston super mare and bristo do reptiles and eqipment, not too bad prices,

CADBURY
Cadbury Garden Centre
Smallway
Congresbury
Bristol
BS49 5A
Tel:01934 832862
OPEN:9.00 - 6.00

enjoy :D

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
Reptile zone filton Bristol.....outstanding
watermarque............ yeovil and taunton no comment
warminster has a great shop, cant think of the name but its the opposite side of the road to woolworths and down a bit.
Midsomer norton also has Mendip Monsters, another very good shop with some nice furrys as well.
Blagdon water gardens has a good selection as well.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I went there on Monday, They have some lovley Bosc Monitors (I was soo tempted, watched them for ages). Prices arent too bad depending what you are after. Once they had baby beardied for £35 but now they have rankins for £95! And a lovely adult male beardie for £120.
I sold some of my baby french lops to them once for £15 they then sold them on at £60!!
Tanya xx
The other 2 stores with reptile depts I know of are:

Sanders Garden World
Bristol Road (A38)
Brent Knoll
Somerset TA9 4HJ

Watermarque Taunton
Bridgwater Road
Bathpool
Taunton
Somerset
TA2 8BA

Tel: 01823 323432

Fax: 01823 327226

Tanya xx

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Blagdon Water Gardens is one of my favourite shops...

Blagdon Reptile House
Bath Road
Upper Langford
North Somerset
BS40 5DN
http://www.blagdonreptilehouse.co.uk

Guessing its about 30 miles from you... There prices are the same as euroreps with no mark-up and there rep's are very reasonably priced as well (even if the dude there isn't quite up to scratch). Also don't be afraid to ask whats the best deal you could do on this rep'.. they will knock money off :wink:

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
ooooooo they do gold chip !!
must pay them another visit :)

·
Registered
818 Posts
welshgaz said:
Blagdon Water Gardens is one of my favourite shops...

Blagdon Reptile House
Bath Road
Upper Langford
North Somerset
BS40 5DN
http://www.blagdonreptilehouse.co.uk

Guessing its about 30 miles from you... There prices are the same as euroreps with no mark-up and there rep's are very reasonably priced as well (even if the dude there isn't quite up to scratch). Also don't be afraid to ask whats the best deal you could do on this rep'.. they will knock money off :wink:
Ive never been there and didnt know they had reps. (although I did drive passed it for the first time the other day). Looks like i'll be paying them a visit.
Tanya xx

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
I'd recommend them to anyone.... They have a very nice setup there, the animals are clean and look well even if you can pick holes in some of there setups, like baby BDs on sand!

I went not so long ago and they had a boa in with soooo much pink on it I was convinced it was a salmon but it was only £65! Really regretting not picking it up now :cry:

There main business is pond and garden stuff and they must make a mint out of it because all garden centres i've been in have there logo on it! Therefore they don't need to sell the reptiles at stupid prices to make all there money!

·
Registered
818 Posts
welshgaz said:
I'd recommend them to anyone.... They have a very nice setup there, the animals are clean and look well even if you can pick holes in some of there setups, like baby BDs on sand!

I went not so long ago and they had a boa in with soooo much pink on it I was convinced it was a salmon but it was only £65! Really regretting not picking it up now :cry:

There main business is pond and garden stuff and they must make a mint out of it because all garden centres i've been in have there logo on it! Therefore they don't need to sell the reptiles at stupid prices to make all there money!
Sounds great, I might try and talk other half into going on Sunday, There is a pub nearby that does gorgeous Sunday lunches good excuse for a day out I say!
Tanya xxx

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
corn flake said:
welshgaz said:

Sounds great, I might try and talk other half into going on Sunday, There is a pub nearby that does gorgeous Sunday lunches good excuse for a day out I say!
Tanya xxx
Wheres that boozer??? We often go down but to get there wander round and come back is an arse..... If we could stop for Sunday lunch as well....

·
Registered
818 Posts
I think its called nelsons arms or lord nelson (summut like that) I'll ask the inlaws later!! If you go along the main road through upper Langford (towards churchill) and get to the crossroads in churchill, go straigt through (onto Dinghurst road A368) its along a bit on your left. Cant miss it, It's always heaving on a Sunday. 2 adult carverys for a tenner loads of meat and veg very yummy!! Only problem is they dont have high chairs (which is a bit of a problem with a two year old terror).
Tanya xx

1 - 20 of 59 Posts