Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
11,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any heavy bodied small snakes?

I like the idea of a small snake but one that has some weight over long and slender, the only one that springs to mind is a KSB. Any other suggestions would be very grateful as the itch is biting to get more companions for the hoggie.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
royal pythons and blood pythons

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
you described my dad in the title

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
gaboon viper:lol2:

if you want chunky then id say blood python

·
Banned
11,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How big os too big? Not sure really, 5-6 foot maybe?

The idea of a king or corn at that size is a little disturbing in my eyes, something chunky and a little more beefy in the hand seems more acceptable? Can't explain it really?

Have spotted a viper boa for sale, but like the KSB's not the most visual when in the viv. Not discounted but looking at options first.

Bloods, how big? (quite pricey too?)

·
Registered
12,205 Posts
Blood Pythons will max out at 4 - 6 feet. Not too bad stunning species IMO

And price wise £70 - (Lots of Money) But well worth it.

·
Banned
11,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looking at the heaviness of the bloods, they are just what I'd be after, any big differences between said snake and a royal? Lenght and cost are similar but what else? I suppose bloods are better feeders? :lol2:

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
Looking at the heaviness of the bloods, they are just what I'd be after, any big differences between said snake and a royal? Lenght and cost are similar but what else? I suppose bloods are better feeders? :lol2:
I dont know much about bloods but royals are lurrrrvely
Males stay quite small about 4ft-ish - females dont get vast amounts longer but tend to fatten out a lot more
We have one called Bertha who is about 5ft and weighs in at 3.9kg
Fatty
Nice and chunky
Looooooads of colours if you fancied a morph
Looooooads of gorgeous normals around too

·
Banned
11,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I dont know much about bloods but royals are lurrrrvely
Males stay quite small about 4ft-ish - females dont get vast amounts longer but tend to fatten out a lot more
We have one called Bertha who is about 5ft and weighs in at 3.9kg
Fatty
Nice and chunky
Looooooads of colours if you fancied a morph
Looooooads of gorgeous normals around too
I quite like the normals. There are the odd morphs that take my fancy but can't justify some of the money being asked for them. 3.9kg, wow, thats a hefty girl! Big boned is she, or is it glandular?:lol2:

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
There are some differences, they prefer slightly cooler temps than royals and slightly higher humidity.

Expect to get bitten (or struck at) more than a royal would, most will tame down pretty well but some wont.

They feed much better than royal but dont need feeding as often or they get fat as they have a very slow metabolism, Bloods only crap about tice a year too so you dont need to be cleaning crap every week.: victory:

The size difference is quite substantial too, Bloods are a very heavy bodied snake compared to royals.

I also agree Robb_90 on where to get a Blood from, Dave (Akua_Ko_Nalu) has some great snakes, you wont go far wrong getting any animals from Dave.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts